cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating F_BKPF_KOA does not remove SOD Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently installed GRC 5.3 and are currently working through SOD issues located in some roles, however we have found that trying to restrict a Function in the Rule Set does not remove the SOD Issue:

Example:

We have created and AP Processing Role and based upon the Standard Rule Set FB02 is causing an SOD issue with itself.

Functions AP02 and GL01 are being called, I have enabled F_BKPF_KOA, ACTVT 01,02 and KOART S in the GL01 function (authorisation for KOART - S not present on the AP Processing Role), this has been saved and the Rules updated, yet the issue persists.

Any advice???

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution:

The issue was resolved by adding SP13.2 to our installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please run 'generate rules' job once again. (from configuration tab)

also please paste your permission level rule (enable ones)

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

I have re-generated the Rules, unfortunately the issue still remains, below is a copy of F_BKPF_KOA for GL01 - FB02:

Field Value From Value To Condition Status

ACTVT 01 02 AND Enable

ACTVT 03 AND Disable

KOART S AND Enable

regards

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

please paste values for F_BKPF_KOA from table TOBJ and exactly as it is in the role

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

Details from TOBJ:

Auth. Obj. Auth Field Auth. Field Clss User Text

F_BKPF_KOA KOART ACTVT FI SAP Accounting Document: Authorization for Account Types

Role:

ACTVT, 01, 02, 03

KOART, S

This role brings in SOD Issue F02907N01: Adjust the AR subsidiary balance using AR payments and then conceal with journal entries

We enabled the AR01 function - F_BKPK_KOA to 01 and D yet the issue is still present,

Many thanks

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

i got it.

things are working perfectly as designed.

now let me explain how RAR do analysis.

it will pull Role Data and Rules data (enabled one only) and then do comparison one by one.

first it will check for relevant tcode (we are doing persmission level analysis)

then it will compare all objects in role with object in that rule (in your case it is 02907N01)

then field values will be compared

IF FIELD VALUES IN RULES EXIST IN ROLE ALSO, THEN IT IS CONFLICT

hope you get my point.

now in your case.... you are trying that if you disable ACTVT 03 , the conflict should not show.

sorry you are going wrong way...

now your rules say if any user have ACTVT 01 OR 02, then it should show conflict.

and yes ROLES do satisfy that.

remove 02 and 01 from role only then it will not show conflict.

tried my best to explain

please let me know ........

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

Thanks for your explanation I understand the issues around the ACTVT field, however the issue we are having is around the KOART field within F_BKPF_KOART.

The role details I supplied previously were set up for KOART - S only, however GRC is stating the role has SOD issues even though in Function AR01 we enabled KOART - D, as the role does not have this there should be no issue, yet it still appears.

To confirm, role is set up F_BKPF_KOA, ACTVT 01,02 & 03, KOART - S

Function AR01 appears as SOD issue, this has been enabled with F_BKPF_KOA, ACTVT 01 & 02, KOART - D, this should not cause issue to appear, system appears to disregard KOART field.

Many thanks again

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

hm

there was some design change from 4.0 to 5.3, regarding Org Level analysis.

yes i think it is ignoring Org Level per new design in 5.3

don't remember exactly how it work on Org Level, but it do ignore org levels from rules, as usually they contain variables........ like $BUKRS

so please check with SAP to confirm same ..........

check if there is any config parameter related to org levels in configuration tab......

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Surpreet

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Craig,

please have a look into the BPX HowTo section, there is a document that explains how to get rid of false positived through Org Rules.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank,

Will look into this,

Craig