Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basis SP import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have SAP ECC 6.0 + HR addon.

We don't use any other modules than HR.

Now, we would like to import SP. Can we do it only for Basis, or should we import all? We update HR regulary, so that's not in a case.

If we want to import BASIS SP, what exactly should we import? SAP_ABA, SAP_BASIS, PI_BASIS, ST-PI or something more?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you must follow Stacks (https://service.sap.com/sp-stacks)

You can also upgrade the HR patches directly as per your HR functional requirement. And also Basis, ABAP patches can be applied available on marketplace -1 level. You can run rtcctool in SE38 which will give information what are missing for your ST* patches.

If you have not done stack before then you may expect too many SPs and may require long downtime to apply these SPs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So can I follow SP Stacks for just Netweaver? A I saw on SAP Marketplace i can only import PI_BASIS 2005_1_700, SAP ABA 7.00, SAP BASIS 7.00, SAP BW 7.00.

All other SP are on Stack 6, so it would take really long time to get it to SP21...

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You can follow the SP stack but as you mentioned your current version is 6 and you want to go for 21, it may very long time.

You want to import PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 right? what is the current patch isSP6 and target patch you want to go to 21?

Secound, what the current patch of your ABAP & BASIS, is this also SP6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP and BASIS and PI_BASIS - SP 19

SAP BW - 21

SAP_AP - 15

SAP_APPL - 16

The rest (besides HR) are on SP 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no pre-requistis for PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 if you want to upgrade to 21, you can do directlry.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its always recommended to upgrade whole stack unless there is no reason to upgrade only single package. So, upgrade whole stack instead of upgrading only basis support package.

Thanks

Sunny