cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax classification in customer and material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Just a small help. I have two condition types for CST and VAT. In customer master JCST appears first and in Material master JVAT appears first. Why is it so ? In tax determination rules, I have JVAT as the 1 in sequence, and JCST , I have 2 in sequence. What I felt is that JVAT should always appear first in customer and material master.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

I too observed this strange behaviour of the system.

In CMR - tax condition types display as in Aphabetical sequence where as in Material Master- it appears as sequence maintained in Customization.

Maintain VAT & CST cond types nomeculature in a sequence where VAT should come first & CST later.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Just check whether the tax classifications which you have maintained for CST and VAT are same for material and customer.

Tax classifications For both material and customer should be same.

If the below is for customer tax classificatin the same should be there for material tax classification

ZCST Central Sales Tax 0 No CST

ZCST Central Sales Tax 1 2 % with Form C

ZCST Central Sales Tax 2 4 % CST

ZVAT VAT 0 No Vat

ZVAT VAT 1 4 % VAT

ZVAT VAT 2 12.5 % Vat

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank you for your response. Yes the tax categories are appearing for both customer and material master. The pain area is that they are not appearing in proper sequence. in customer JCST is appearing fist whereas in material master JVAT is appearing first. So tax classification 1 for customer will be JCST and tax classification 1 for mateiral master will be JVAT. This will create a mess whille creating VK11.

Just think over it and reply. I have checked all the settings. This one is a weired one.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As far as i know we should have 2 access sequences 1 for cst and 1 for VAT.

ZCST will be having country/plant region/region/Tax cl1/ tax cl m1 as a condition table assigned to it. and the same we will be assigned to the condition type for CST.

Similarly the same will be there for VAT condition type and access sequence where it should have country/plant region/region/Tax Cl2/ Tax cl m2

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can change the sequence in which they appear in OVK1,2,3,4

regars,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

However I dont think there is any functional impack of this strange behaviour ........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In OVK1, I have assigned JVAT as sequence 1 and JCST as sequence 2. In customer master JCST appears first and in material master JVAT appears first. What to do now ?

Regards,

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it have any impact if you change your nomeculature of your tax cond types

eg; JA1P = VAT

JIVC = CST

Not sure about your project status. if its in intial, then hope you can better adopt the nomeculate change.The same we have done couple of years ago.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD