cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input field in display mode; but F4 help has to be avail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a input field in my view and i want that one to be in display mode ( the intention is that i want to have the value to be filled from F4 help values only). I have set the read only set for the input field. I have tried all the cases of normal ddic help;OVS;Freely input help; context node info value set but no luck.

In the below forum message i could see the input from Thomas that the Freely input help will be useful in this case;I tired this way too but no luck.

Can you please let me know do i missed any point ;your inputs are higly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Satish A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Satish A.

After check your requirement, i think you can use "Freely programmed Input help".You can search them in this forum or google, i think you will get some clue.

As a reply, i summarize this topic simply. Take one example.

Scenario:

F4-help component will be used for "F4". It displays all the data in table, and you can select one record, then the F4-help will be closed and the "CARRID" will be returned to the Read-only field in your main component.

F4-help-component

(1). You should implement one WD Component which implemented the WD interface "IWD_VALUE_HelP".

(2).In this component, you can add one "Interface event", for example, named "Select". And this event has one parameter "CARRID".

(3).In the table's OnSELECT event, you can use:

method ONACTIONSELECT_ROW .

data:
    lo_Node      type ref to If_Wd_Context_Node,
    lo_Elem      type ref to If_Wd_Context_Element,
    ls_elem      type wd_this->element_table,
    lt_elem      type wd_this->elements_table.

*1. get the Solution-list context node
  lo_Node = wd_context->get_child_node( Name = 'TABLE' ).

*2. set the lead selection of table
  lo_node->set_lead_selection( element = NEW_LEAD_SELECTION ).

*3. get the attribute value of selected row
  NEW_LEAD_SELECTION->get_Static_Attributes(
    importing
       Static_Attributes = ls_elem ).

*4. Fire interface event: 
"will return the CARRID parameter
  WD_COMP_CONTROLLER->Fire_select_Evt(
      CARRID = ls_elem-carrid ).

*5. close the F4 help
  WD_COMP_CONTROLLER->F4_LISTENER->CLOSE_WINDOW( ).

endmethod.

In your main component:

(1). Use your F4-help component as used-component

(2). set your context attribute's input help mode as "Freely programmed". At the same time, input your component usage which is added in step 1.

(3). You should add one Event-handler for your F4-help component Interface event, for example, named "On_f4_help". you can use:

method ON_F4_HELP .

"This event handler will has one parameter named "CARRID" automatically
  wd_context->set_attribute(
    EXPORTING
      name = 'IPFIELD'
      value = CARRID
  ).

endmethod.

Hope it can help you a little.

Best wishes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manas and Can for your quick replies.

As i have tried with the Freely programmed help too but i could not able to find the F4 click symbol on input element if it is readonly or disabled. As from the post by Thomas SAP has changed the rendering works and no longer allows any value help to fire for a disabled or read-only field i could see the reason why it is so..

hence i am thinking that i can go with the work around solution what has given by Manas.

Thanks,

Satish A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread:

It has same sort of requirement, you can have a look at my suggestion there.

Regards

Manas Dua