cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open items not considering in credit check.

saikrishna_vallurupalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have implemented credit management in our new role out company code with the same credit controlling area for both company codes.

As per our configuration at the time of sales order creation, credit limit has to be checked and check the open items and oldest open items. It is working fine in old company code, but in new company code its not considering the open/old open items its only checking the credit exposure value. But the old company code its checking the credit exposure and open items and old open items.

In OVA8 we have configured the below way

selected the Dynamic check box - reaction C

selected the Cretical fields check box - reaction A

selected the Open items check box - reaction A

selected the OldestOpen items check box - reaction A

The above credit management is working fine in quality for both company codes, but in production its working fine only old company code.

I have already checked the all relevant configuration and requests, there is no issue in configuration.

Please let me know the possibilities for not considering the open items for credit check

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

are the document types (sales document types & delivery types) are associated with the appropriate credit group?

also please check if the item categories are also maintained properly for credit active

also please check the values at the payer level.

these were the normal mistakes i did sometimes before, so better be on the safer side

rgds

ilango

Edited by: Ilango R V on Oct 25, 2010 5:35 PM

saikrishna_vallurupalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you for replay, I have already maintained the said steps, my quarry is credit check already working, but open items/oldest open items are not considering.

former_member358181
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was facing to same problem; you have to check the Max.open.item % & Days oldest Item in OVA8.

Hope this will help you

Devendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you compare OVA8 settings for both company codes maintained.

In Open items / Oldest open items is the no. of days maintained in company code which is working as expected? re-check OVA8 settings, hope will findd the hint.

Please update your findings.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

saikrishna_vallurupalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, credit control area for both company codes are same, As per my knowledge OVA8 setting at cedit controlling area level, not company code level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You are absolutely right , the automatic credit control is at credit control Area level and not at company code level. Need to know few things from your end.

why business has not set up the new credit control area, when new company code has been configured. I think this would have made more sense .........

however its bit strange that sales recevables are not getting considered in the credit check, only in production ....... I think you need to keep your search on in SDN as well as try to search for any sap not in Service market .......

Once you get the answer; hope you update the thread ........

wish you luck in your search ......

Cheers

Big Screams ...........

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Mr Sai Krishna,

I was wrong. Yes OVA8 settings maintained @ Credit Control area level.

I was under assumption that new credit control area created for New company code which is ideal practise & suggested you to compare those settings.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD