Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO as err in VA41

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

D/ Friends,

In VA41, Iu2019ve configured PO as an incompletion log with warning indicator. So u201CEnter PO numberu201D is coming as a warning (message no. VU001). Iu2019ve also checked PO in VOV8 for the contract type. But I want to convert it into error message. How to do this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the document type configuration (VOV8) for contract document type, tick the checkbox ''Incomplet. messages''. This will ensure that you cannot save the contract if the document is incomplete,i.e., without PO number in your case.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Palani

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all specially to Palanisami Nach...

Issue solved.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Mr R S,

My understanding was incorrect,

sorry to deviate from your requirement. As said by mates, system triggers only warning message though you maintain in incompletion log & allows you to save the sales order. That is what you dont want I guess.

If Yes,

You want system should not save the sale order without PO number.

By using the Transaction Variant make this field as mandatory(Tx:SHD0) & assign this variant in your Contract type details in VOV8. So whenever you use this contract type, without PO number system will not allow to save the contract.

Hope I routed to correct direction now.

Let me know, if my understanding deviates from yours.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain this field name BSTKD in your incompletion log (TCode OVA2) and assign this to your contract type in VOV8. You cannot save the contract without maintaining the PO number

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard error message will not come. If you want to make error message. you have to modify the program from 'W' warning

message to "E" error message. hardcoded

hi,

please follow this steps:

Main Program SAPLV45F

Source code of LV45FFUV

FORM FEHLER_BESTIMMEN

INTERNAL_ERROR = 2

OTHERS = 3.

SET CURSOR FIELD DA_FIELD LINE SY-STEPL.

IF SY-SUBRC = 0.

DA_FIELD = DA_DFIES-SCRTEXT_L.

ENDIF.

MESSAGE W001 WITH MESSAGETEXT DA_FIELD. <<<<<<<<< E

VBUV_DIA = VBUV_TAB.

APPEND VBUV_DIA.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

regards,

balajia

Please test in test system first

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its simple abap task he will remove W and there and Keep E so that your task is complete

regards,

balajia

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi R S,

This is standard SAP functionality, Whether duplication of PO number can be allowed or not - is given in VOV8 - document type controls , check in "Messages" / Outling messagesfield.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD