Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any batch process to release the sales order with status profile

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sales manager need to release the sales order 1 by 1.

This is very tedious.

Is there a process for her to release selectively?

For example,

if the sales value of the order is visible and within the approval limit or too small,

she could release, says, more than 10 sales order in a single click.

Possible?????

Bye

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Colin,

I dont think you can achieve this with the current available settings in SAP.

If you are open for report , then develop the report ( which could be copy of Tx:V.26) with additional logic like

Report Format:

Check Box | Status | Sales Order no | Document value | Assigned limit Value (or) within Limit (Y/N) - validated field

Here you can have option to choose the specific sales order to be released or you can add piece of coding to auto release the sales orders which are within the assigned limit - can be run in batch job as well.

Note: Assumption that you are using Status profile @ Header level.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that's is what I am thinking too.

But, if I did so, would you be able to tell me if there is any BAPI for releasing the sales order or do I need to custom my codes to change those data in J* table?

I would prefer to use an existing routines.

Can you advice??

Thanks in advance

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Collin,

Better would be write the logic in the report.

if you would like to release the sales order which falls within assigned limit, then use the last filed in above given report format.

schedule the batch on regular interval basis. No need for routine / BAPI.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you know where the standard routine so that I could reference it and did an alternative in the custom report?

Thanks

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Collin,

Not sure which routine you are referring to. I have not stated anything about routine / BAPI in my reply.

Std SAP doesnt have this provision to meet your requirement. Hence suggested to go for Custom report to extract the eligible sales orders for release.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I like to perform a mass release of multiple Sales order from the proposed custom report.

I would like to built the releasing coding into the report.

I need some references on how to set the release.

Maybe, there is a standard function for me to pass it in and it would release the sales order status.

if that the case, it is BONUS.

Otherwise, there must be some steps that need to be built to set the release.

what I am asking, is there any such routines that would define the steps to release the sales order in coding?

I understand there would be a change in status aftef the released and it is also vital to enable the audit log for future investigation.

Having a BAPI would result the audit issue as the system would have taken care of it.

I hope it is clearer now as to why I am requesting a sample of the standard routine.

If there is no such routine, do let me be aware of it.

Thanks

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Collin,

As it is custom report to release the blocked sales orders. I dont think there would be any log for audit purpose ( once the order released from the custom report, these will have track in change log of sales order- )

In report format: Within the limit ( check box ) -

1- coding is requried to update this check box, based on our logic which is written in Customer report

2- Schedule the batch job in a specific intervals in the background where check box is "Marked"

Above 2 steps can be addressed with the coding only, but not with any std BAPI/ routine.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, will take note of your advice.