Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous JDBC structure

sherin_jose4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario involving SOAP and JDBC with synchronous calls.

I have created the source structures with request and response and have no doubt about it.

The doubt is on the target side (JDBC),

Have a structure as,

Name, EmpID and location. Usually the structure for async JDBC goes as,

Project

-> Statementname

-->Storedprocedurename

-->Action

-->Table

-->Name

-->isInput

-->type

-->EmpID

-->isInput

-->type

-->Location

-->isInput

-->type

The response required for this structure would be the Emp ID field. Actually, the source data will send data for Name and Location fields leaving the Emp ID field empty. After it reaches the DB, an Emp ID is generated by the Stored procedure and all the 3 fields is given back as the response with data.

Do i have to create 2 different JDBC structures, one for request and one for response and to enter isOutput attribute in the response structure or is one structure enough and i create the isInput attributes and the isOutput attributes in the same structure.

Help me out guys !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do i have to create 2 different JDBC structures, one for request and one for response and to enter isOutput attribute in the response structure or is one structure enough and i create the isInput attributes and the isOutput attributes in the same structure.

You need seperate structure for response.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need a seperate response structure.

Send a test message to the JDBC adapter and then you can see the response structure in the response payload.

Create a data type related to that structure.