Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in registering program id to SAP gateway using JCO

ReenaWadhwa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our java application we are registering a program id to SAP gateway so that we can listen the data sent from R/3 systems.

I need some basic information about the gateway registeration. I have following queries :-

1. If I register a program id, till what time this registeration remains in the R/3 system.

2. Is there any way to do the permanent registeration.

3. In our scenario we have clustered java server which is set up on a clustered OS. That means one java server is on one hardware machine and other java server is on another machine. Once we register a program id from one of the java server ,it

gets registered with that particular machine IP address. Now if one of the java server gets down ,other java server should start listening to SAP system. But this is not happening because our other java server is on another machine whose IP address is different and is not registered with SAP system.Is there any way to deal with this situation. One thing we could think of is to register all the machines permanently with SAP system. So that whichever machine gets down communication will not break.All the machines will remain registered in the R/3. But I am not sure how to do that.

Can anyone help me here.

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.) The registration remains active until you unregister it, or until the SAP gateway recognizes that the connection has been interrupted somehow. If there are multiple registrations of the same programID, this is valid for each single one. So one could say, that a programID's registration is valid as long as at least one registration is still valid.

2.) There is no such thing. What do you mean with permanent registration?

3.) You already gave the answer by yourself. Just register all RFC servers from all nodes simultaneously. The RFC requests will be dispatched to any of the nodes all the time. If one server node gets down, the connections to this particular server will be interrupted and it won't receive any RFC requests any longer.

And you don't know how to do that? Just start the RFC servers on all server nodes and they will register at the SAP gateway. I don't understand this question.