Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

How to rectify it.."EU_SCRP_WN32 : timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'"

I am using SAP GUI 710 with patch 18.

So could you please let me know, what to do to work with layouts in screen painter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyotsna,

Please check the following information with regards to using the Graphical Screen Painter (Layout Editor);

If there is a firewall between the frontend and the R/3 system, then I am afraid there is no solution to this. This is because the Graphical Screen Painter needs an additional RFC link for communication with the app server, as well as having the existing link of the SAPGui. Creating an additional RFC link is not allowed by the firewall - as far as I am aware this is a fundamental feature of firewalls. This is also explained in the attached Note: 101971 (see point 1 under solution).

Hence, if you wish to use Graphical Painter, there are two alternatives:

a. Bring the application server out of the firewall and install a SAProuter instead, to implement security measures. SAP router serves as an application level gateway and controls the access to the R/3 system. The attached Note: 30289 gives a very clear description of the features of SAProuter. After implementing this, you will need to add the following string:

Before: /H/saprouterhost/W/password/H/

After: /H/saprouterhost/S/3299/W/password/H/

b. If your organization policy does not allow you to implement option (a) above, then the only way around this is to use a PCAnywhere connection to a machine behind the firewall and run the GUI on that machine.

If you want to use SAPRouter with a password string (there is no firewall):

The problem is that it is technically impossible to have the screenpainter working with a router password.

Unfortunately, there is no other alternative.

If the above is not applicable i.e. you have adhered to all the rules, then you have a problem with your SAPGui installation. Please remove completely and reinstall making sure all relevant options are included.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rafael_lopez011
Explorer
0 Kudos

How do I bring the application server out of the firewall and install a SAProuter?