cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local client copy TCODE SCCL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BASIS Gurus,

Please help me troubleshooting my local client copy. Below are my concerns.

Summary:

1. Client copy is running in background.

2. DB size is 250GB.

3. Oracle 9

4. Windows 2003

Concerns:

1. Ran in source: client, SM50 shows sequential read from table COEP, after sequential action became delete. My worry is instead of action delete it should be insert right?

2. Copy is still on COEP table after 4hours. Is this normal?

3. I cant logon anymore to target client because it already copied the sap* of the source. I tried to delete the sap* table USR02 from target client and still no luck, user sap* is still locked. any sugestions?

4. I've been running the background client copy for almost 14hours. is there away to add parallel processes to speed up client copy?

Thanks in advance.

best regards,

Joel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Ran in source: client, SM50 shows sequential read from table COEP, after sequential action became delete. My worry is instead of action delete it should be insert right?

It should be delete as client copy will delete existing data before copying

2. Copy is still on COEP table after 4hours. Is this normal?

This purely depends upon size of table and your system performance

3. I cant logon anymore to target client because it already copied the sap* of the source. I tried to delete the sap* table USR02 from target client and still no luck, user sap* is still locked. any sugestions?

It should work , eventhough you can try using any other user of source system , may be missing missing something ..But logon should work with SAP* , if its not avilabe in database (make sure you have deleted SAP* from target client )

4. I've been running the background client copy for almost 14hours. is there away to add parallel processes to speed up client copy?

Now you can not add parallel processing , one thing you can do is run update statistics that helped me lot of time to speed up processing.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan Deep Kaushal,

Thanks for the quick response, any way.

Questions:

1. Yes, I did delete the records from the target client TCODE SCC5 before proceeding to client copy, Thats why Im wondering why it has an action of delete.

2. Answered.

3. SAP* does not work after the deletion. Other users from source could not login because of the dump error due to SQL error 1653 occurred when accessing table "INDX ". Maybe because it is not yet fully copied?

4. Answered.

For any other suggestion it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I did delete the records from the target client TCODE SCC5 before proceeding to client copy, Thats why Im wondering why it has an action of delete.

Generally we will not delete any client specific data using SCC5 before client copy , if you have done so may be SAP procedure will still run those steps to make sure .

SAP* does not work after the deletion. Other users from source could not login because of the dump error due to SQL error 1653 occurred when accessing table "INDX ". Maybe because it is not yet fully copied?

Yes , it will happen if you are not logged in already sometimes, so i suggest you to wait for some more time ,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

As you advsed, I will wait for the copy to finish. Sad thing is I dont have any idea how many tables are already copied because I could not log on to source and can not execute SCC3. SIGH.

Nevertheless I already mark the question as answered.

Thank you for the support.

best regards,

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Meantime you can check for any update

/usr/sap/trans/log

Regards,

former_member249185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your hardware & OS configuration is on windows server, so it will take time.

Thanks & Regards,

Charanjit.

Answers (0)