Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to expose an ERP function as an enterprise service

ji_hu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi there

I am searching for an enterprise service which can create a contract account for a business partner (in the FA/CA area). It seems no such a service operation is availalbe after exhaustive search in the ESWorkplace and ESR. (Please correct me if you know where to find it). As an alternative, I think it is probably the only way to create an ABAP (?) service by my own, which does the job, and then to publish it as a WS service.

Is there anyone who knows how to do it or can point me the documents about how to do that? Thanks a lot.

Best,

Ji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos
ji_hu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks. the document tells how to publish a WS on NW. However, I want to know more about how to develop a WS which can link to an ERP function (like creating a business partner). Is there any tutorials or samples to do that?

Best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't search for service but if you want to expose existing functionality as webservice then first find which FM/BAPI etc working behind that business function.

Next step would be exposing that BAPI/FM as service which can be done using transaction SE80 (Web Service Creation Wizard).

If no BAPI/FM available then probably you need to write something to exploit current business transaction.

For tutotial please search SCN for keyword: "Web Service Creation Wizard".

Regards,

Gourav