cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup IMG configure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

Plesae let me know how to backup my config in IMG, in case we will import to another IDES system.

Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the question is not very clear... you want to import into another IDES - do you mean client copy?

Because in case you will be performing system copy - old system will be gone (at the moment you delete old database) and newly migrated system will take it's place including IMG configurations (so in case of system copy there is no need to "backup" IMG).

In case you are not performing system copy but client copy or some type of migration on data level the only way how to "backup" you IMG configuration is to capture these customizations in transports and then import them into target system (but this will replace already present configurations in target system).

Did I answer your question? If not - can you please rephrase the question?

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Tomas

What we need to do is to capture those customizations we did in A client and trying to import them into IDES client (target system). Per your description will be capture these customizations in transports and then import them into target system.

Please let us know how to proceed that.

Thanks

Best Regards

Edited by: Yun-Chung Yung on Oct 28, 2010 9:52 AM

Edited by: Yun-Chung Yung on Oct 28, 2010 9:53 AM

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

normally you setup client in transaction scc4 - see image below:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_m_DdpdY-cKk/SXYEnVWAbEI/AAAAAAAAAEI/B9dgIAMuhuY/s400/new_client_details.JP...

there are two settings:

Changes and Transports for Client-Specific Objects

- this will cover all objects that are specific for given client - if you choose option "Automatic recording of changes" for each customization change you will be prompted to provide transport request - this way all client dependent changes will be recorded and if TMS system is correctly configured you can import them in subsequent systems

Cross-Client Object Changes

- this covers all client independent modifications (including client independent customizing) - here you must have allowed option for actions you want to perform otherwise system will stop you in doing the changes - such modifications are always captured in transports

Above mentioned modifications will ensure that all future changes will be captured in transports.

In case all changes are already done and you do not have transports and you want to "synchronize" the customizing is suggest following:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/70/1accb4fab511d18e0f0000e8a48612/frameset.htm

Please describe in detail what exactly you need - it is still very difficult to understand your problem.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Tomas

Thanks for your direction about the thinking of comparison of those customizing objects.

I think it is also useful for us to follow this approach to ensure the IMG setting consistence in future. However the most important things is to realign the IMG setting between two clients in different server respectively.

We set up two clients in differnt server different location respectively, both are ECC6.0 recently we found the difference of IMG setting in between is getting bigger.

So, we decided to export the IMG setting from A client and then import it into B client. To replace those already present configurations in B client is accepted.

Iu2019m sorry to confuse you; it was because we are not sure if there is an approach to support us to import certain specific object only for time saving. Anyway, to replace whole and make these two clients aligned up again is the most prioritized. Please conduct us how to complete this assignment.

Thanks

Best Regards

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the only way how to move complete customizing from one client to another is client copy with appropriate profile - BUT! - if you copy only customizations all transactional data will be deleted in target client during import - reason for this is that transactional data are dependent on customizing and you cannot mass change customizing without impacting transactional data..

I am afraid that only solution how to synchronize two clients is to use this customizing comparison:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/70/1accb4fab511d18e0f0000e8a48612/frameset.htm

If you look in the web page you can see you can choose following options:

4. Specify Client-Specific or Cross-Client.

5. Specify an R/3 connection.

So it should be possible to make remote comparison of client dependent data.

I understand that this is taking too much time, but I am not aware about better way how to do this.

Best regards.