cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Fails :/ yxefkoe does not exist on the 'localhost' host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install NetWeaver 7.0 SR1 including Enhancement Package 1 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System on my pc. But I`m getting following error.

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\yxefkoe' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

Here is the dump from the log file.

-

WARNING 2010-10-24 17:52:45.781

Error 5 (Access is denied.

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (81), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\yxefkoe).

WARNING 2010-10-24 17:52:45.781

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\yxefkoe' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2010-10-24 17:52:45.781

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\yxefkoe' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2010-10-24 17:52:45.781

FCO-00011 The step collect with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|collect was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\yxefkoe' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.).

-

I have installed the Microsoft Loopback network adapter. And C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file contains following entries.

127.0.0.1 localhost

10.10.0.10 anuja

10.10.0.10 being the address given to the Loopback connection and anuja is the hostname.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you checked the registry to see if the key exist?... anyhow please check that the user has administrator rights as this happens probably because the user was not able to create the entry in the registry on the first place.

START>RUN>type REGEDIT then Navigate through to check if the key exist.

Also check if any Anit-virus is protecting the registery if yes then disable it and continue with the installation.

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI...

Navigate to the key thru REGEDIT and give full permissions on that key for all users.

This is a known issue on windows systems...PERMISSSION TO EVERYONE the key you mentioned in REGISTRY..will take your installation to next step.

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you PR Srinivas and Khaiser.

Actually I wish to explain how I solved the problem. I went to the key through the registry path. But saw that there was the folder present in the path but it was blank.

So I right clicked on the folder went to Permission. I tried giving Full Control Permission for 'System' user name which did not solve the problem.

Hence in the Permission option of yxefkoe registry key I clicked on Add. In the 'Select Groups or User' popup window I clicked on 'Advanced' option and then clicked on 'Find Now'. I selected the user name which I use to log in to windows and applied the changes.

After all these steps I found entries in the registry folder 'yxefkoe'. I right clicked on the yxefkoe folder and went to Permissions - > Gave Full Control to the newly added user name.

And then the problem was solved.

So I guess when you should find two users in the Permissions option on the yxefkoe folder.

1. System

2. User name which u use to log into windows. -- > It is displayed like this --> User_Name(Hostname/User_Name)

Correct me if i am incorrect here.

Thanks a lot for the help!