cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Price Change in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs

At the time of implementation the standard price of material is uploaded wrongly due to which MAP shows wrong value of Material.

Is there any way to correct this.

As far as I know the difference between MAP and standard price should not be huge unless material price is increased sharply.

Please let me know the way to correct this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Using MR21 transcation, you can change material price either at header level or batch level.

Transcation code : MR21

Enter Material and Plant

Enter new price.

If batch is create for your material, enter batch number also.

But, it will create accounting documents for price change.

Regards

KRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Thank you for your reply. But if I update price using MR21will it change the MAP also?

e.g.

My item price is INR 2200 but in MM03 Accounting View its MAP - INR 3500 and Standard - INR 2200 (Std is updated recently using MM02) but MAP remain unchanged.

So please let me know MR21 is usable here to reset MAP.

What is the affect of this transaction on Accounting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Material valuation price cannot change in the material master. Materials are maintained either MAP (V) or Standard price (S) in the material master.

Standard Price (S) - Prices changed normally through SCE (Standard Cost Estimate) process

Moving Average (V) - Updated with every transaction implicating a financial entry that differs from current valuation

For moving average products you can also use Revaluation (tcode MR21) to change current valuation immediately for a material or product.

Regards,

BK

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the price control indicator in your material master record.

is it V or S ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two fields in the MR21 tarnscation

1. New price

2. New statistical price.

for New price , Price at which a material is valuated:

Materials with price control S are be valuated with the standard price.

Materials with price control V are valuated with the moving price (moving average price/periodic unit price).

for New statistical price, Statistical material price that has no infulence on the valuation:

For materials with price control S this price is the moving price (moving average price/periodic unit price).

For materials with price control V this pirce is the standard price.

Regards

KRK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal

You can use transaction MR21 to change the price.

warm regards

Ramakrishna.