SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running JVA & Non-JVA Company Codes with a single Controlling Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently working on a consolidation project. Our scenarios will involve activating JVA in some company codes while it is not activated in some other company codes. We intend to maintain a single controlling area in CO for all these company codes i.e. JVA and Non-JVA company codes have a common controlling area.

I would like hear from gurus that have implemented or a are supporting a scenario in which JVA and Non-JVA company codes share a common controlling area. I'd like to know if the technical and/or operational challenges of this scenarios, if there are any issues to keep in mind and possible work-arounds.

Any help in this regard would be appreaciated.

Thanks.

Oluwafemi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same questions.

Are you aware of any challenges in this situation?

Thanks,

RJ

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same questions.

Are you aware of any challenges in this situation?

Thanks,

RJ

0 Kudos

Hello,

From FI/CO/JVA perspective there should not be any issues, even if two company codes one JVA active and other non JVA active are there in the same controlling area.(I have been part of the implementation where both JVA and non JVA company codes resides in the same controlling area)

Its important to ask from consolidation purpose are you going to use any of the JVA table. If yes then you have to be careful because non JVA active company code information will not be stored in the JVA table.

It would be gr8, if you can share some of the apprehension from consolidation perspective, so that we can elaborate on the issues.

Thanks & Regards

Kalpesh Chavda

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please also check the cost allocation requirement from JV company code to non JVA company code and vice a virsa.

Kalpesh Chavda