cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic generation of excise invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

If we activate the switch 'Create and post Inv Single step' in excise group details, will this create excise invoice automatically for all the billing types relevant to this excise group. I want to generate excise invoice automatically for only one order type. For your information the excise invoice is created against Proforma Invoice and this proforma Invoice is commonly used for other billing types too. How do i control this please. Please suggest.

Reggards,

Udaynath.

Edited by: UDAYNATH KRISHNAN on Oct 23, 2010 1:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you wll create excise invoice only for the billing type which you have assigned in the CIN Settings along with delivery type , Isnt it? .. If so , only when you save that proforma invoice , system will create Automatic excise Invoice ? To create Automatic Excise Invoice , Activate :Create EI for the excise group in CIN Settings.

With Regards

S.Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have created a seperat excise group and my issue has been resolved. Now when i am creating the proforma invoice while creaing the excise invoice i get a message "Print excise invoice in series group 98 using j1ip for billing document. ... Its not saving the excise invoice in background. Please advise.

Regards,

Udaynath.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Udaynath,

Yes auto creation of EI is wrt: excise group. But this is applicable to all the billing types to which delivery type is assigned in CIN settings.

I hope you assign : LF - F2 combination here ( dont maintain LF - F8 combination , so that you can avoid auto Creation of EI for pro-forma invoices)

- You will not have control to restrict auto EI creation for one order, but not for another order type using same excise group.

Hope it clears

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reazuddin, thanks for clearing up the doubts. For an existing plant the excise group is activated for auto creation of EI, but it creates auto EI only for one order type --> delivery --> proforma invoice. The proforma invoice type is used for other order type --> delivery type too. Can this be controlled by configuration or is it some enhancement. Please suggest.

Regards,

Udaynath.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said in above reply.

if an Excise Group is activated for Auto EI during billing , then it creates auto EI for the invoices created for billing type which is assigned to respective delivery type in CIN Cutomization of assign delivery type - billing type.

I guess, you have assigned pro-forma invoice to delivery type, hence whenever proforma invoice created under this excise group, auto EI will be created in the billing.

System behaviour as per your customization.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but it creates auto EI only for one order type --> delivery --> proforma invoice.

For information, an excise invoice can be created against delivery only, though you refer a billing document in J1IIN and that billing document may be a proforma or a commercial document. Moreover, you assign delivery type to billing type in Logistics-General => Tax on Goods Movements => India => Outgoing Excise Invoice => Assign Billing Types to Delivery Types.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi