cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Group changed in ECC after replicating to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As per our scenario, we are not creating any product or product category locally in SRM. All these need to be copied from ECC only.

Earlier we had successfully replicated materials from ECC to SRM.

But afer replicating the materials to SRM, now in ECC, they have created new material groups and new material groups are assigned to those materials. Further they have deleted old materials groups.

After this incident, we could replicate new material groups to SRM.

But we could not get the how to change the assignment of material to material groups in SRM (i.e. Product to Product Heirarchies) WITHOUT EDITING THESE LOCALLY. Should we use

1. R3AS, R3AM1 (Inital download) or

2. R3AC4, R3AR2, R3AR4, R3AR3 (Delta Download) or,

3. R3AS4 (Synchornize objects). If we try this we get error "Activate Synchronization Ware. Compare could not be started". Should we activate data synchronization using transaction CMWC_SMW?

Details: SRM7.0, ECC EHp4, ECS with PPS.

GH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

scenario

1. Materail 10001234 material group WHEELS in ECC now in SRM Materail 10001234 product category WHEELS.

2. now Business decides to abond a material group WHEELS .

3. now 10001234 assigned to material group CARS from Material.

4. now 10001234 material group CARS in ECC and synched with 10001234 product category CARS.

5.remove from org structure or make inclusive WHEELS so no requester no to order a WHEELS in the free text.

6. if you have any contract for material 10001234 lock and create another line item and type material and you will automatically popup with material group or product category.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthu,

You have correctly understood my problem.

For point number5: But I could not get how do I "remove from org structure or make inclusive WHEELS", Does it need to be done LOCALLY? ; our idea was to correct it WITHOUT EDITING ANYTHING LOCALLY...(OR CAN THERE BE ANY CHANCE OF INCONSISTENCY IF WE DO IT LOCALLY?)

For Point number6: We not yet have the contract. No issue.

Thanks,

GH

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

the Old product category WHEELS

IN THE EXTENDED attribute you can make as DEACTIVATE flag . then no person can order this product category.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh! sorry... my problem is "I am not able to get those material codes replicated under CARS; they are still available only in WHEELS" even after replicating again.

GH

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

delta changes are not happen in your system.

How your business likes synchronisation on master data and existing ?

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Earlier R3AS was also successful. Delta was also successful.. now both are not working.

GH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthu,

There was someother connectivity issue which happened co-incidently which was not related to this incident. However your suggetion that "IN THE EXTENDED attribute you can make as DEACTIVATE flag . then no person can order this product category" was useful.

Thanks.

GH.

Edited by: GH on Nov 3, 2010 7:50 PM

Answers (0)