cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic filter Action Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using BAPI "BAPI_PRODORD_GET_LIST" to get the production list . I am getting the production order list in table "ORDER_HEADER" , I want to filter the release production order and to do that I am using the Generic filter action block.

But in source I am unable to give the path of "order_header". Filter action is always taken SAP_JCO_interface.response.

Will anyone guide how to use the filter action block.

regards,

Dipak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

You can use system_status field inorder_header field of BAPI BAPI_PRODORD_GET_LIST for filtering out the data at ECC side itself. Just assign System_status = "REL" while making the BAPI call in MII.

Best Regards,

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak

Jeremy is correct, normally filtering data from BAPI response does need action blocks

- XM Doc, XML Rowset, and a Repeater . Once you have this document you can assign to Transaction output.

To get Reference document of the BAPI you need

- Just execute the BAPI with right parameters, and then save it with XML saver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Your BAPI response should be in <{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row}> format to fit it in Generic Sort Filter action.

If your BAPI output is in different format, you can use XML action blocks to get XML in the specified format. But, you may face lot of performance issues if you save a huge BAPI output in a XML and then filter it with specified criteria.

I would recommend to put this filter in BAPI to get the desired results with an excellent performance.

Best Regards,

Kedar

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That action (any many of the other xml based functions) expect the format of the xml to be in Rowsets/Rowset/Row format.