cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why to replicate the data for GTS? (we are on the same client)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have a GTS installed on the same machine as ERP, so GTS and SAP ERP are on the same client.

As I understand the implementation guide we have to transfer all the master data like vendor/clients to GTS.

That would mean we replicate all the vendors and clients.

What is the sense of that? Why do we have to replicate all the data, We are on the same client?

Does GTS cannot use the normal vendor master?

Thx for help

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GTS has its own Database for Business Partners and Material Master, that is why you have to transfer it, even if its on the same client.

For Developpement you can have both on one machine, but for Testing and aspecially for Production SAP recommends to have 2 seperate machines. This for 2 Reasons:

1. GTS Runs some jobs (depending on what you implemented) that are very CPU consuming and you take the risk of putting your CPU to 100%

2. But more important, you will have to patch up GTS many times to cope with new legal regulations, if you have it on the Same machine you have to touch the ERP, wich most companies do not want...

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, You can install GTS on the same client like ERP, but you cannot use it. It is just not designed this way. If on the same machine, than you need at least 2 clients. on 1 client you run ERP and SLL_PI, on the other one GTS. At least that is how I understand GTS architecture. ERP and GTS master data have only some basic data in common. Everything else is different. thats why you have to replicate mater data from ERP to GTS. BR Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did it once with 7.2 on one client and i didn`worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

as far as i know you should install GTS on a separate client/system. Then it makes sense to transfer because otherwise business partners are not available.

Regards Tobias