Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.11 - Change List notification

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All:

I was wondering if anyone of you noticed the below actions in your PI 7.11 system.

Open any of your Service Interfaces(Message Interfaces) , just give a space in the description, activate your change list. Now go to the Menu - Environment - Cache Status Overview - Check if your activated objects showing up in the list

I'm not seeing it my system and I checked with couple of other friends as well - They are not seeing it.

Now,

Open any of your Message Mappings , just give a space in the description, activate your change list. Now go to the Menu - Environment - Cache Status Overview - Check if your activated objects showing up in the list

It will show up in the list.

Question: Why does the Service interface changelist is not showing up in the cache status overview. How come we know if the objects got successfully changed?

I found a work around too: If I want to change the Service Interface, change it and then just do the same steps as I did for above Message mapping and activate both together. Now you will see your changes( Service Interface + Message mapping).

Weird isn't it ? Or I'm missing something here.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone please check if this is the same case with XI 3.0 or PI 7.0?

Thanks!

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's same in PI7 too. But other wierd thing is, this is happening with message type too.

VJ

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay, I noticed this with Context Object too. I didn't tested all the objects though.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see the below response from SAP:

Regarding to the issue itself, I've confirmed with the next level

support that the system is working as designed.

Only cache relevant objects will be visible after an update. The

following repository objects need to be cached:

Interface Mappings,

Message Mappings,

Imported Archives,

Repository Processes,

Adapter Metadata (AMD).

A Service Interface is referenced in the mapping. Therefore, the

Service Interface itself is not cache relevant but the mapping is.

Thanks,

Raj.