cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic target message type selection based on File content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

My Scenario is Flat file to IDOC Scenario. According to the field content of a particular field, the target message type and message interface has to be selected. For e.g. ( If field content is A, it has to map to target message type AIDOC.AIDOC01 and if field content is B, it has to map to target message type BIDOC.BIDOC01 ).

Can someone help me in this regard,

Thanks in advance,

Jose Augastine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

you can use a conditional INTERFACE determination. BPM is not required.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

You have to define all the message mappings for all possible values of that field and you have to use BPM to dynamically use the required Transformations in Switch statement of BPM.

For e.g. if you have 3 expected values for a particular field then you have to define 3 message mappings and interface mappings and select them dynamically in BPM by reading that particular field value in BPM and use switch statement to select the transformations(3 transformations for 3 interface mappings) and proceed further.

Regards,

P.Shridhar.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if your file has different structures

<b>one of</b> the approaches:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

also this (part 2)

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can acheive this using BPM.

1)First do the mapping between file (like field content A) to respective message type (AIDOC>AIDOC01) and file (like field content B) to MT BIDOC.BIDOC01.

2)BPM steps :

a)recieve the data

b)Use fork or switch .check your conndition here.Basing on the condition call the respective interface here.

I think this should help you out.

sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this using CONDITIONAL RECEIEVR DETERMIANTION.

In your Reciver Detetmination, you can give ,multiple Recivers and the condition on which the Receiver of the message is to be choosen.

Regards,

Bhavesh