Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know the following

In standard SAP what is the 'default order type' assigned to delivery type LB 'Delivery for subcon.'?

In standard SAP, what is the Dlv-rel.billing type assigned to order type DL?

In standard SAP, what is the Order-rel.bill type assigned to order type DL?

In standard SAP, what is the Intercomp.bill. type assigned to order type DL?

Thanks in advance,

Finbarr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finbarr

There is no specific order type for delivery type LB 'Delivery for subcon'

You do this delivery for a Subcontract Purchase Order to deliver components/materials to a vendor to whom you subcontracted some operations in your manufacturing process. It is driven by MRP settings in the material master, especially Special Procurement Type- F and Special Procurement Key L or 30 (Subcontracting). So when the MRP is run for the sales order, Purchase Requisitions are created which are turned into Subcontract POs . Then you create LB against the PO to supply the components to the vendor.

So I am thinking that you took order type DL to be the Sales order type for LB 'Delivery for subcon' which is not correct.

So I am guessing you don't need the answers for the remaining questions.

DL is a SD Scheduling agreement but I am not sure of how it is used.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

Just to confirm, in configuration: delivery type LB is delivered without a 'Default order type'?

Thanks,

Finbarr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I think I know where you are going. Yes, Delivery type LB has DL as the default Order type.

But just compare the Order Reference Fields for regular Customer Delivery LF and Delivery for Subcon. LB.

Filed LF LB

Order required X-Sales Order required L Delivery for Sub Contacting

Default ord.ty ; DL DL

See the definition of "Default Order Type'.: "The default for a "pseudo" order type for deliveries or delivery items that do not refer to an existing order'.

This is just a place holder and does not mean much, that's why both LF and LB have the same default order type, i.e., DL. But the key filed is 'Order required' which is clearly is different for both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am still lost why we are having the issue

Our issue is as follows:

Our subcrontacting deliveries have a billing status of open. Checking the system, delivery type LB has default order type DL. Order type DL has a billing type of F2. i am wondering if this is correct.

Thanks,

Finbarr

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once goods issued to the vendor, Complete the sub contracting process cycle. i.e. Goods receipt & Invoice receipt.

I assume this status depends on MIGO / MIRO transactions. Have not tested in system.

As you aware, this is not sales cycle. So there wont be any sales booked against this delivery by creating SD Billing.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finbarr

Just to clarify, this delivery type is not relevant for billing ( it won't be set up with copy control that is) and so is the item cat LBN. The delivery will be in open status till you do a Goods Issue.

After you do GI, you will use ADSUBCON to keep track of how much you issued and how much you got back and all those calculations. The next steps will be Goods Receipt from Vendor, Inbound invoice from vendor and then after you complete all the manufacturing steps, you deliver and bill the customer. End of the story.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Finbarr,

Answers for all your queries - you will get it wihtin SAP IMG itself,

In standard SAP what is the 'default order type' assigned to delivery type LB 'Delivery for subcon.'?

- Tx:0VLK - Check the details of LB type - you can observe the Default Order type

In standard SAP, what is the Dlv-rel.billing type assigned to order type DL?

In stayndard SAP, what is the Order-rel.bill type assigned to order type DL?

In standard SAP, what is the Intercomp.bill. type assigned to order type DL?

- Tx: VOV4- Item category determination, against this order type what is the item category is maintained for your selection criteria

- Tx: VOV7 - check in Item Category details - for Billing relevance & now goto VOV8 - to know the Delivery related or Order related billing type

But you have not given your requirement, ist what you are looking for?

LB document type will be triggered from MM customization where they assign the delivery type against to the Plant ( IMG-MM-purchase Order-Sub contracting- Assign delivery type)

-When creating Sub contract PO , where item category(MM) = L(Sub Contract), thisdelivery type will be defaulted in Sub.PO.

-Based on Sub.PO reference they will create Outbound Delivery ( hence PO type is required in 0VLK-delivery type)

- Tx:0184 - delivery item category determination - LB + NORM = LBN

- Tx: VOV5- LBN + MRP Typee = LN ( against which Mov type:541 is assigned ).where as in Inbound delivery =EL, mov type triggered from Item category = ELN =101.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD