Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to do silent downloads in WD ?

dany_charbonneau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a user press a button on a WD screen, I want to generate a lot of files and transfer them to the presentation server. Obviously, I cannot use GUI_DOWNLOAD or WS_DOWNLOAD FM.

I tested cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response and this is working fine but there is a popup requesting where to put the file. I guess this is normal in a web environment to ensure that a web site does not send you a virus.exe file

I my case, this is a server that need to send a lot of files to another Java server and the security will be handle at the application level.

Is there a way to transfer multiple files without any prompt ? I tried to start another LUW ( (in background job, in update task....) that is not WD and use GUI_DOWNLOAD without success.

The only solution that I have right now is to save data in DB from the WD program and use an old ABAP program as a deamon to peak this DB every 5 seconds and transfer using GUI_DOWNLOAD... sooooo ugly, for sure I do not want a deamon running in my productive version...

any ideas ?

thanks !

Edited by: Dany Charbonneau on Oct 22, 2010 9:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

you can use the AcfUpDownload element to download files silently to the client -- check out Thomas Jung´s blog too se how:

http://enterprisegeeks.com/blog/2009/03/31/abap-freak-show-april-1st-acf-updownload-in-web-dynpro-ab...

I have used this method myself -- it's not dead easy, but it gets the job done

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dany_charbonneau
Explorer
0 Kudos

This look very interresting, I'll give a try.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!