cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes in Org Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is our present scenario. We are on ECS, SRM 5.5 and we have CCM implemented. At present we have one backend system(BKND1) and we hooked second backend system(BKND2).

We have replicated Material Groups from BKND1 and wanted to use the same for BKND2. All other details like Company Code, Plants, Purchase Org, P-Groups are different for 2 back-ends.

Now when we tried to configure the Org Structure, in the Extended Attributes for Product Categories we have specified the Product Categories and the Backend System as BKND1(as we have replicated from BKND1). When coming to Locations we have separate Locations for BKND2 we made those entries. Similarly we did maintain the config for Purchase Org also.

At this point When I am trying to create a Shopping Cart and select a Product Category. I am getting couple of errors.

1. Select Company Code.

2. System Error: Shopping Cart cannot be created. etc.

My thought is running around the config that I have specified above. Is that ok to replicate Materials from one backend(bknd1) and procure for locations replicated from backend 2(BKND2)?

What kind of implications will be there with this kind of config?

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you cannot use product categories replicated from one backend to satisfy SC/PO destined for backend two.

Even if the product categories are the same, at the end of the day, SRM cares about the product category GUID and those are different for each product category from the different backends.

Replicate your product categories from backend 2 and you should be good to go.

regards,