cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data flow ( JDBC-XI-File)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone explain me abt how the data flow takes place through XI?

I have created a simple scenario(Oracle-XI-File). I have integrated Oracle and XI

using JDBC Adapter and XI and File using File Adapter.

Everything works fine. My doubt is

what happens as soon as the data is inserted into the Oracle tables?

Which one will initiate the data transfer?

will XI send a request message first?

If so, what happens after that?

Regards

Amith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

In your configuration, the jdbc adapter will poll the database according to the settings of parameter <it>db.pollInterval</it> . The SQL Statement must ensure, that same datasets will not be transferred multiple times.

Maybe this helps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1d/756b3c0d592c7fe10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

If the database should take the leading role to trigger data transfer to the XI, it could post an HTTP post request to the HTTP plain adaptr to the XI, which would, after mapping and routing is completed could trigger the file adapter.

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Agreed. what happens in the case of JMS Adapter?there is no param called as poll intervals in the config file.How does it know that data has ocurred in MQSeries?

REgards

Amith

Message was edited by: Amith Anand

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

I am no expert with MQ Series Integration.

Please look at this thread:

Regards

Dirk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

In your Sender JDBC adapter, you mention the POLL INTERVAL.

So, the JDBC adapter will look for data that satisfies the SELECT query during every poll interval. And, if any data satisfies the query, it will initate the message in XI and pass it to the Integration Engine.

So, it is basically the JDBC Adapter that takes care of the updations in the Database and not the database.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Based on the poll interval the adapter will make a call then

Receiver Determination

Interface determination

Message Mapping

Technical routing

call adapter

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Does it mean that JDBC Adapter pulls data from the tables when there is a new record in Oracle? i was under the assumption that JDBC Adapter of XI first prepares the request message for retrieving the data. Oracle verifies the request message and provides authentication.Is it correct?

Regards

Amith

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

Am not sure how the JDBC adapter internally gets the data out of your Database, but , functionally, during every poll interval , the JDBC adapter will see if any data is available in the Database that satisfies the SELECT query.

As for checking for authentication, there are 2 ways ,

1. When you activate your JDBC adpater, the connection will be established and maintained untile either the Database disconnectes the connection.

2. There is an option, <b>Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message</b> . This will establish the connectivity during every polling interval.

It is JDBC adapter that is the initiator of the message and not the DB.

regards,

Bhavesh