cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to Exchange 2003 Mail Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded our exchange servers to 2003 but when I point SCOT at the new SMTP node I am getting an error message on a couple of lines inthe trace:

<b>David.keatley@northernfoods.com 806

806=501 5.5.4 Invalid Address</b>when I look in SOST.

I can telnet onto the exchange server from I-series without problem.

Is there any difference in set up for an Exchange 2003 server from SAP ? We can use SMTP to this server from non-SAP.

Many Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

We configured SMTP on WAS 6.40 based on Note 455140 long time ago. When the exchanged server was upgraded to 2003, we simply changed the hostname in SCOT, just like what you did, and it worked.

Note 751332 says that kernel upgrade is needed to a similar message, but it was very low patch level.

One time I reconfigured the whole thing to fix an issue I don't remember now... Or make the new node look like original one by keeping same hostname/IP address?

Good luck,

Victor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the responses - For anyone else who may come across this issue - there's a microsoft page which explains what needs to be done at the Exchange 2003 server : http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291828

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

if: 806=501 5.5.4 this is the IP-Address, you should check it, because to me it seems to be wrong.

Good luck,

Maxel