cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run MDM Console on a client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed SAP MDM Console 5.5.64.112 on my laptop so I would to connect to a MDM Server, but it doesn't work.

Someone does tell me if this is possible or not and how?

Thanks in advance,

GB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Are you getting any error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I run SAP MDM Console on my laptop with admin user called PCUSER.

When I "mount the MDM Server" (with IP 10.x.y.z) it appears on red status so I try to "Start SAP MDM Server" but I obtain this message:

"Could not open the service control manager on server '10.x.y.z'. Verifythat the current Windows user has the correct permissions, and that the target system is a Windows-based operating system. "

Which permissions does the PCUSER have?

I would to know if it's possible to use the MSM Console in this manner or the only use is run on local MDM Server.

Thanks,

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GB,

When I "mount the MDM Server" (with IP 10.x.y.z) it appears on red status

Does your MDM server is stopped? If so, then try to start the MDM server from MDM server machine.

If your MDM server is already running, then make sure that your MDM Server & MDM Console both are of same version.

I would to know if it's possible to use the MSM Console in this manner or the only use is run on local MDM Server.

You can use MDM Console from remote server also.

Regards,

Shaailesh.

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GB,

Please check if the MDM Port is open/ vpn is set properly for you to access it remotely.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barile,

Are you trying to connect MDM server (Located different Place) from local system ??

in this case you need to make sure VPN connectivity, try to ping server IP from command prompt then check port 20003,20004,20005 open for MDM server and 2000 to 9999 for MDM repository

or

install Database server and MDM Server to local system ??

in this case username and passwords must require for database server. start database server and mount / Start MDM server through MDM console

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh,

after opening ports it works!

GB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Console is kind of administration client for MDM . Follow below steps to connect to MDM server using Console.

1. Open MDM Console.

2. Select from Menu options "MDM Servers --> Mount MDM Server". This will open a pop up window

3. Type in the IP address or Host name of your MDM Server in this Window and click OK.

4. This will make specified MDM server visible in Console hierarchy pane (*left most pane of console).

5. click on "SAP MDM Servers" under console hierarchy pane and check the status of your MDM server in the "MDM Server" pane. Status should be "Running"

5. Now Expand MDM Server from Console hierarchy. this will show you list of all available repositories on the MDM Server. (*in Case password is setup on MDM Server then it may ask for password)

6. Double click on the repository which you want to login. this will open a popup window for user details. Provide user id and password and press OK. This will display you repository details.

Please revert if you face any issue.

~ Shiv