Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Dispatcher on different Domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here is my landscape :

Server A registered on Domain A running IDM IC and RT (java+windows)

Server B registered on Domain B with AD on it (Win2k8)

Users of domain A do not see users of domain B. (not in the same forest)

Server A :

I got a Repository LDAP type with connection string to AD on Server B with Login/Password of Domain B.

I wrote a ToLDAP pass running on Java RunTime to create user into AD of Domain B. It works perfectly. Users are correctly create into AD on Server B.

I would like to setPassword with standard SAP template (in VB) on user created on Server B.

I can not use Windows Dispatcher on Server A because it required to run with user of domain B (security reason) and domains are not in the same forest !

So, I installed a Windows Dispatcher on Server B running with a user of AD from domain B.

I did a "dispatcher test checkconfig" and all look fine.

==================== MX DISPATCHER CONFIG ================================
DISPATCHER NAME:              w_activedirectory
DATABASE_TYPE:                2
MS_CONNECTION_STRING:         Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=password01;Persi
st Security Info=True;User ID=EI1_RT;Data Source=DI1
JAVA_CONNECTION_STRING:       jdbc:oracle:thin:ei1_rt/********@server1018:1527:DI1
JAVA FOR DSE:
RUN MS:                       C:\identitymanagement\dsert.exe
JAVAOPTIONS:
DSECLASSPATH:                 C:\identitymanagement\Java\DSE.jar;C:\identitymana
gement\Java;C:\identitymanagement\Java\sapjco.jar;D:\oracle\ODAC\102\bin\ojdbc14
.jar;C:\identitymanagement\Java\mxdispatcher.jar;C:\identitymanagement\Java\mxmc
api.jar;C:\IDMDispatcher\ojdbc14.jar;
JDBCDRIVERS:                  oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver;;oracle.jdbc.drive
r.OracleDriver
RELOAD_FREQUENCY:             30
-------------------------------
UPDATE_FREQUENCY:             5
JAVA_DSE_PROVISION_JOBS:      false
JAVA_DSE_METACENTER_JOBS:     false
STANDARD_DSE_PROVISION_JOBS:  true
STANDARD_DSE_METACENTER_JOBS: true

The dispatcher runs well and log into IC MCC appears (proof that dispatcher connects well the the IDM db).

My problem is that all job set to run on Dispatcher B won't run. And Log from IC MCC indicates "Nothing to do" for Disptacher B.

Have you any experience on Windows dispatcher running on different servers than the IC DT ?

Thanks for your help,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What user account does the mxdispatcher service run as on the runtime server in your destination domain ? I think the default is Local System. We changed the dispatcher service so that it runs as a domain user account. That domain user account must have the ability to set a password on user accounts in the destination domain.

Also check that in the properties of the "SetPasswordOnActiveDirectoryUser-Windows-VB" task it is configured to use the dispatcher in the destination domain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

More details, ...

I tried to run Jobs runing on Java disptacher B and it works ! So problem is only on Windows dispatcher !

Ben