cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Order in DS Planning Board (/SAPAPO/CDPS0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is i want to create order manually in DS planning board by passing product, location,resource,runlength etc.

Again i am using PPM to calculate the setup time (between previous order and the current order).

In order to get the PPM data, i am calling FM "/SAPAPO/DM_PPM_GET_PLAN" and here i pass planid to get the details.

To get planid, i call FM "/SAPAPO/SOS_FIND" i.e. to get source of supply information which includes planid

Please tell me

(1) what is planid ?

(2) How planid is this linked to PPM ?

(3) What do we mean by sources of supply? Can't we get the same info from pegid ?

(4) What is the structure of PPM ? I mean what are activities, components, alternative components etc.

Regards,

Deb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the order there are input/ output componets and operations ,so order determine all these from the source of suppply maintianed for product and location ie. PPM

planid is the internal guid or unique id of the PPM .

Pegid is Combination of product, location, account assignment object and planning version.

Source of supply can be obtained with Matid and locid.

Rgs- Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha / Vikas

Thanks for your input.

Please check my above thread and clarify my doubts.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how can we know that the product can be produced or procured by PPM or PDS ?

This is determined by fields maintained inthe product master...

'Plan Explosion'

and the same function module is called.. ie. //sos_find .

and check the table /SAPAPO/TRPROD for source of supply information.

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

You are right.

I guess you misunderstood my question. Let me put my ques. in a different way -

At run time how to know that the product will be produced by PPM or PDS.

If it is PPM then using planid and FM "/SAPAPO/DM_PPM_GET_PLAN" We can get information.

But what about PDS ?

So pls. tell me how to know PDS or PPM is used ? Then if it is PDS then how to proceed to get the details ?

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check in functional module /SAPAPO/RRP_SOURCES_GET and the field value of 'lv_whatbom' , it will tell you which source to be used , PPM or PDS . It is determined in /SAPAPO/DM_PEGID_GET_MATERIAL' . and then /SAPAPO/RRP_SOURCES_GET is used to determine the source .

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikas,

I got your point i.e. how to know is it PDS or PPM.

I guess you answered by previous questions keeping in mind that i am dealing only with PPDS PPM or PDS.

I have one more qus.

If it is PPM -> We call FM "/SAPAPO/DM_PPM_GET_PLAN" to get the PPM data passing planid (which we get from source of supply FM)

But what about PDS ? Which FM to be used to get the data ? and what needs to be passed to get the data ?

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check FM /SAPAPO/TR_PROD_GET , it is called in FM /SAPAPO/SOS_DATA_PREPARE and data is fetched from table /sapapo/trprod with matid ,locid and model combination.

Rgs - Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thanks once again.

I think from source supply, there is a field call "name" which will be used to get the PDS data.

Any ways... I will check that.

Now please tell me ... how operations, activities, mode, comp compalt are linked to PPM or PDS ?

Please answer this because I believe this thread will help many APO ABAP consultants.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the following link for online documentation on PDS structure..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/40/57454070eb2571e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Rgs - Vikas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A PPM corresponds to PV in R3. A PPM is based on Plan.

Plan: Describes which process steps and components are required to manufacture the output product.( BOM and Routing data from R3)

PPM: Describes the Validity of the PPM , Lot Size margin and planning location.

Source of supply is how your going to Produce or Procure a product.This can be a PPM, PDS , Transportation lane.

Structure of PPM:

At the operations we define whether this is a Produce operation or setup operation and this is defined as with activity.

At each activity we define what is the input comp and and output comp which is nothing but Com and Alt comp.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha / Vikas

Thanks for your input.

I am summerizing the whole concept, Please correct me and answer my questions in between :-

In order to create an order in DS Planning board manually, we need information like product,location,resource,quantity etc. (User's input).

Then we should follow the steps as follows -:

Step 1 :- Find Sources of Supply

Since this gives information like how we are going to produce or procure the product. It can be PPM or PDS or Transportation lane.

For PPM we will get the Plan id (Unique ID for PPM) and then we will get the details of PPM accordingly.

But, Please mention what about PDS and Transportation lane ?

I mean from source of supply how can we know that the product can be produced or procured by PPM or PDS or Transportation lane ? Any field indicator is there for PPM or PDS or Transportation lane? Because in my requirement, First i need to check which one is active for the entered product:- PPM or PDS.

(2) Once we know that the source of supply is PPM or PDS or transaportation lane, then we will call different FMs to get the details.

For PPM we know how to proceed. I mean using planid we can get the details.

But for PDS and Transaportation lane please mention the FM name and i/p parameters to get the details like setup group id, production rate etc.

Thnaks once again for your valuable inputs.

Deb