cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deletion of KeyFigure from planning area, planning book & data view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Expert,

I want to delete few KeyFigure of planning area, planning book & data view. what is preferred? Is this preferred?

How to delete this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Deleting/removing key figure from Data View and Planning Book are easy as compared to Planning Area. You can go to transaction /SAPAPO/SDP8B and can remove Key figure from Data View and Planning Book. Data View and Planning Book are data representation view and not storing data so it is easy. But if you have any Macro using that Key figure then the Macro would get deactivated. You make sure you handle all dependent objects for that Key Figure in Planning Book.

Deleting Key Figure from Planning Area is tedeous and you have to think twice since you will loose data.

1. So first take the back up of all data which is important for you and you would need that back in Planning area.

2. De-initialize the Time series.

3. Remove the key figure.

4. Initialize the time series.

5. Check consistency for Planning area, Planning book and Other depended Objects like Macro, background activity/jobs.

6. If all is okay, you can load the data back from Back up.

Thanks

Deepak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I think you can delete KF from DP planning area but I will not suggest to delete anything from APO SNP planning area, as its SAP standard planning area.

If you are using older version than 4.1 , you require to deactivate (deinitialize) planning area first and than do the changes in planning area and activate it again. In the above version, I think it should possible to change the planning area with de initializing it. In case of above approach it is always advisable to take backup of data first.

Thanks

Amol