cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart form on preprinted stationery and that paper is A4 size land scape

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI every body,

i have designed the smartform by taking the DINA4 paper with landscape format (in pages and windows )as it is in preprinted stationery ie i mesured the left margin , right margin , upper margin and lower margin.but while printing the smartform by taking the pdf it is not printing exactly what it is in preprinted.i am using the pritner HPLaserjet P2050 PCL6 .i kept the upper margin as 3.5 Cm but its printing by keeping almost 4CM.and suggest me which device type i have to use for this printer in sap.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's the way SAP does. we do not expect that what you do in layout is the same when print.

You have to print your form and compare with the pre-print paper, then adjust the form base on your pre-print paper, it would help a lot. Our men had faced this issue before, and the solution is that.

Thanks,

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to be the problem discussed in SAP Note #101266. For PCl printers, the margins start at the printable area rather than the edge of the page. You could try with device type POST2.

Another possibility is to adjust the horizontal shift for the output device in SPAD.

This can be done as follows:

SPAD -> Output Devices -> <Output Device> -> 'Output attributes' tab

-> Additional Smartform and Sapscript information

-> Horizontal Movement: Enter -5mm

You need to create a new spool to test after making the change above.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aidan, you impress me more and more. It seems you have all form relevant SAP-notes in your mind.

/bow

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AIDAN,

any way yhans for u r response.

i did the same thing eventhough its not working.iam using HPLaset Jet P2050 (PCL6) printer.

is there any standard device type for this printer,if so please tell me.if i give left mrgin as 1 Cm but its taling

1.5 Cm and even right margin also its aking more than what i mentioned there.i have given main table lenght as 27.9Cm but it is printing only 26.9 Cm .so please help me in this

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you make sure you printer is able to print in the area where you want to print? not every printer has same printing areas, maybe your printer cant print closer to the edge than 4 cm.