cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Processing in Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to know if it is possible to increase the parallel processing while Client Copy is in progress?

If not, is there any way to speed-up the process.

Also, if you please let me know how I can find out the CC is progressing. For our case, the client copy is running for a very long time and the last updated table contains huge data. Now, checking from tablespace in OS level (or DB02), I am not able to understand if the copy is going ahead or its is stuck somewhere. There is no error message displayed so far.

Your quick inputs are appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sujit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for their replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are happy with replies then please mark as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Once a client copy has started, the number of parallel processes cannot be changed.

You can check the progess of the copy through SCC3.

Regards,

Hari Kishan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Hari Kishan,

How is your post contributing in any way?... you just posted the same information that Sunil did almost 20 min before you.

Please read the "Rules of Engagement"

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have started the client copy process then you can't change the Parallel Processing.

You can check the client copy progress in SCC3, you can see how many tables copied and current tables in progress.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are doing client copy on existing client or new client ??

If it is existing client, then it will take time depend upon the data, becoz when you do client copy it will first delete the data from exisiting client and then it copy the new data.

Thanks

Anil