Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Island width and height - screen resolution

wouter_peeters
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody knows a way to determine the screen resolution used in WDA? You might wonder why do we need screen resolution when you have 100% and flow layout.. well we're using a Flash Island frontend, and you are obligated to enter a height and width for the island. We'd like to support multiple resolutions for users and we could try to bind height and width to context attributes and set these in WWDOINIT perhaps if we'd know how to determine the resolution.

Thanks in advance,

Wouter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

I've been struggling with this issue myself. Eventually we created just set a default unregarding the users screen resolution. If you find a solution I would be really interested!

Check this thread to see what Thomas Jung has to say about screen resolution: [|]

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Roelof

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and you are obligated to enter a height and width for the island

I'm not sure that's completely true - I have an island that we set the height for - but the width as 100% - that seems to work just fine - albeit that the size is fixed from entry into the application - resizing the window does not resize the island.

I haven't wanted an island with 100% height - but are you sure this doesn't work?

if you watch the teched virtual session [CD203: Best Practices for Designing Web Dynpro ABAP User Interfaces |http://tinyurl.com/2dcp3fv] there is looooooooooong section in there where they go on and on about 100% rendering - it's pretty obvious - but worth repeating (at least it seems so in the session) 100% is only 100% of the container that the container is embedded within.

Have a go - I'm not 100% convinced you can't have a 100% island

Cheers,

Chris