cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Dynamic Routing when one system is down?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating Idoc to JMS scenario. I have two JMS systems (two IP's), the second one is provided, in case one system is down the message should go to the second system.

Please answer.

What configuration is required to be done in ID to fullfill this requirement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

If you can write java code for checking availability, then you can check it during message mapping. And you can make conditional routing.

As an example, create a field in the data type called "Target". During mapping check if primary host is available, then set "Target=Primary", otherwise "Target=Secondary". Define two receiver interfaces, and two communication channels on receiver side. Do conditional interface determination according to Target field value in payload.

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do know there is ABAP function to check the availability of the application system, it is similar like ping.

If ping is successful, then the system is ready, You search around, for sure you can find it.

If you can find the ABAP solution, then you can put it into ABAP mapping, plus you use the enhanced receiver determination option, to set receiver in mapping program, check:

Enhanced (Mapping-Based) Interface Determination

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

However, those PI solutions is not the best ones, the best one should be handled in receiving application side, as replied from other experts.

Regards

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Oct 24, 2010 3:57 AM

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

>

the second one is provided, in case one system is down the message should go to the second system.

Hi Rahul,

from above i understand that one Server will be in standby and when the main server goes down. the standby server will kick in place of main server right?

As others said. if you want the channel to point to other server then you have to manually change the hostname or IP address in PI.

One Option you can think of:Hypothetical (but not impossible)

In channel use the Host name of the server to which you are connecting.

now when the main server goes down. what can be done is network team can assign the IP address of the Standby server to the existing hostname.

So in PI there is no need to re configure anything as the Hostname will remain same in CC.

Actually what iam taking here is DR concept.

In DR concept. if the main server goes down aromatically the DR server IP will be assigned to the Hostname and the data flow will be uninterrupted.

Regards,

Senthilprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, IP/Host Name is hardcoded value in communication channel. You can specify only one value in one chnanel at a time. So if that system is down then you have to manually change connection parameter in channel to process the failed messages to new IP. Once system is up, you can revert back the manual changes.

-Gouri

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After completion of Pipe line steps execution then message will be deliver to JMS Queue,if one JMS system down means you cant have control in ID to check condition to route message to othe JMS system.

Regards,

Raj