Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing PI 7.11 and Integration package for SWIFT : Technical checklist

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to NWPI 7.11 and have been asked to install PI711 and SAP integration Package for SWIFT 622 on top it;

I have read several PI sap notes, installation guides, handbook, webinar etc ... in order to prepare this installation.

I would like to list here the main steps that I'll need to perform, in case you notice any error or if have any remark,

or anything I missed, please do not hesitate to explain it.

My current SAP landscape is made of an ECC6 ehp4 environement, this is my starting point.

1/First, I'll have to install on ECC6 the add-on ECC-SE 604 (sap note 1150349) and activate the businnes function Bank management (SFW5)

2/Then I'll install from scratch on a dedicated server, SAP PI 7.1 Ehp1.

3/Just after the PI instalaltion, I perfrom a client copy and change the ABAP UME to the new client.

4/Once the client copy is finished, I'll run the configuration Wizard PI Netweaver initial setup (note 1309239)

5/Then I'll run the PI-ABAP connectivity wizard, to connect my existing ECC6 system to PI ; some manuals steps might be required here : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/d9/f3d22f01c741bdb0e62a2f4205411c/frameset.htm

6/Then, I'll run several other configuration wizards : PI full qualified host name (note 1320707) and PI SSO Configuration (1473556)

7/At this point, I can consider that the installation finished, I have two ways to check that

• Configuration Wizard Pi test for sapneweaver (1286149)

• I can also deploy the demo scenario to check that my installation has been perfromed without error : /people/peter.gutsche/blog/2008/11/11/quickly-install-configure-and-run-sap-netweaver-pi-71

Now that PI 711 is installed and operational, I can start with the SWIFT part (note 1064419):

8/Install Java Web Start for SAP PI

9/Then, I'll have to deploy XI Content SAP APPL 604 in my recently installed PI 711 system. (ES Repository)

10/Then, I'll have to deploy XI Content SWIFT 622 (ES Repository)

11/Deploy SWIFT sca files with JSPM

Now that the PI 711 system is ready, and swift package installed, I can deliver the system to the developers.

Any remarks, comments, would be really appreciated.

Thank you for your attention.

Raoul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also a very basic question concerning file exchange using FILE Adapter.

I still have problem to understand how these files are supposed to be exchanged.

SAP Integration PAckage for SWIFT contains modules for a File Adapter, so I have to create two directories for file exchange between :

• ECC6 and PI

• PI and SWIFTNET

The PI system will be hosted by a Windows 2003 server, the ECC6 system is hosted by a Unix Server.

It is my understanding that the business files will be created on ECC6 through Bank Management transactions.

But how exactly in ECC6, do we have to indicate that the generated files have to be sent to a remote server (PI) on a specific directory ?

I'm aware that the question sounds basic, but I can't figure how it works.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Regards.

Raoul

Answers (0)