cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Service Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed 2004S (XI 7.0) and now we want to take a look at the ESR. Where can I find it?

Groet Theo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I don't think it's available with 2004s

have a look at this thread:

right now you can browse web services on your ERP 2005

or open standard repository on the XI

http://server:j2eeport/rep

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Groet,

To add my 2cents; From my understanding so far, I'm still a little unclear but I believe the ESR is the solution composer sytle view of the services available. Another tool, the services registry, is the technical view of the services available within PI.

My interpretation of this is you need to manage the documentation of the ESR for your own custom services going forward with SAP providing their own content of course. That said, the services registry appears to be always up to date and is effectively the way of searching for services from more of an object perspective, especially if they are not yet documented in the ESR.

You can check both these out in the ES Workplace (or whatever it is currently called) but I'm not sure if this is the final approach to how this will work.

It would be great if someone could clarify what the ESR foundation really is, and the exact intent of how this works in the next release of the PI/XI so we could emulate this as much as possible in the current incarnations of XI.

Sorry for the rant, but hopefully some of this is useful (and possible gets SAP clarifying the situation beyond when "it" will be availble)!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

We installed 2004S (XI 7.0) and I can´t find ESR in URL http://server:j2eeport/rep

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot!

Luciana

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there's no ESR under that link only XI/PI

(so you can use web services published by XI/PI)

just like I said

if you have PI the link has to work

(otherwise you don not have PI installed correctly)

ESR will be build into XI/PI in the next major release

Regards,

michal