cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of Condition tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a clarification on condition table. I need to know how the system search the condition table.

For an access sequence, say A001 has the tables as below.

Customer/material

Division/Customer

Price List Type/currency/material

Material

I need to know whether the system will search all the condition table and select the best of it?

or will it search from the first condition table and if it finds it to be satisfy the condition in the first condition table. Will it takes it or still will it validate the other following condition tables?

Please reply me.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Once you have created the condition tables and place them in the access sequence and assign the access sequence to the condition types.When you maintain the condition records for the combinations which you have mentioned,the system picks that particular record.

While placing the condition tables in the access sequence we will check the field "exclusive",which will help the system to pick the right record,means which ever condition record satisfies the requirement that particular record will be copied into the sales order.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it will search in the combination of Specific to Generic Combination.

regaards,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will search the condition table which has the condition records and stops searching further. where you have maintained condition record for the condition type. In general practice we maintain only single condition record. even though you maintain condition records for orther table it will Fetch the Record from highest heirarchy order of the table.

Say table 10 . 11 12 ... so on

Thanks

Shekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

The system starts searching for a condition record, table by table and stops when a condition record is found. In your example below, the customer/material table is screened to find a valid record and if no record is found the next table (Division/Customer) is searched. As a practice is always recommended to have the more specific table first and then go to down step by step. Eg) Always have the Customer/Material table first and then the Division/Customer instead of it being the other way. Here the customer/material table is more specific when compared to the Division/Customer table.

Regards,

Pratheb

Edited by: Nadarajah Pratheb on Oct 22, 2010 2:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a condition type is determined by the system it checks the following

a. Checks if an access sequence is assigned to the condition type

b. If a is true, then, it goes into the access seq and checks which tables are assigned to the access sequence

c. Once the tables are found, it starts going thro' the tables one by one and stops once the condition record is found.

d. It applies the value of the condition record and does not go any further in search of records.

You may want to check on my following statement as well. Try the below in your system once.

('c' is true if the condition type has the condition class is Price. If the condition category is discount or surcharge, then system may happens to apply in all the discounts found in the all tables of access sequence.)

Hope this helps...

Thanks

Mukund S