cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Recover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one doubt when we use recover database using backup controlfile until cancel; we have to supply the redo logs one by one.Is there a way we can write a script where all the redo logs are supplied one by one without manual involvement.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have restored from online backup.After that we restored the redo logs.Then we had started the recovery process like

alter database recover until cancel using backup controlfile;

alter database recover logfile '/oracle/sid/oraarch/sidarch1_1921.dbf';

till the 1952 lsn

alter database recover cancel;

alter database open resetlogs

Is this process right.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow:

Startup mount

recover automatic database until cancel using backup controlfile;

(this will request you to log file and you will have options, just type AUTO, then automatically your DB will select the available DB logs, or else press ENTER for each log file)

alter database open resetlogs;

Create OPS$ users for SAP connectivity

Start Oracle Listner:

Check SAP connectivity to database using <SID>adm: R3trans -d

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with the above suggestions , [refer this useful document|http://www.basisconsultant.com/component/remository/Sytem-Copy-Guides/Homogeneous-System-Copy-using-OnlineandOffline-Backup/] to get detailed step by step information. In this document Oracle DB recovery process using the required commands is explained after successful DB restore operation.

Also refer this document [Oracle Restore and Recovery|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/97a4f439-0d01-0010-d488-d29b45e2f5ab?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true].

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all for the help.One thing i wanted to know is what is different from the commands mentioned below and commands suggested.Thanks.

alter database recover until cancel using backup controlfile;

alter database recover logfile '/oracle/sid/oraarch/sidarch1_1921.dbf';

till the 1952 lsn

alter database recover cancel;

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you spend some time and read the documentation. The queries you have asked are easily searchable.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

again, I am locking another topic from you.

you seem to have become lazy and will simply ask a question here without searching and doing basic homework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Apologies i just thought that i was doing something wrong.Thanks all for the responses.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

You can use the "AUTO" option after you execute the command "recover database using backup controlfile until cancel".

Then it will pick all the redolog files that are present in the archive directory.

After that "alter database open resetlogs".

Try this and let me know the output.

Regards,

Hari Kishan