cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dif between Proxy and Adaptor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i know that SAP 4.7EE onwards SAP is supporting WAS hence no need of using any Adaptor instead we can use Proxy. I know that both proxy and adaptor are 3rd party tool but

1)what exactly is the difference between these two?

is it something like when we want to integrate with SAP system, we will be using PROXY and if it is a NONSAP system we will be using Adaptor. Plz clarify me, and if any other difference are there plz let me know.

tnx in advance

vijaylaxmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Proxies can be used from WAS 620 or above.

Proxies is another mode of communication from SAP to external environment and vice versa:

<i>Proxies encapsulate the creation or parsing of XML messages and the communication with the relevant runtime components required to send or receive the messages.</i>

Proxies can be used to interact with SAP system using ABAP Proxy and non-SAP system using Java Proxy.

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by: vijaya kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijaya!

tq very much for your response. Can u plz tell me the difference between SOFTWARE COMPONENT AND PRODUCT. We will be creating PRODUCT and will be assigning it a Component. Wht exactly is the purpose of doing so? Can a Component can have n products!

regards

vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this thread ....may help you

Sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adapters ( except IDOC and HTTP ) are a part of the Adapter Engine on the Java Stack.

Proxies are also a means of sending data directly to the Integration Engine of XI bypassing the Adapter Engine.

Proxies help your Third party application diretcly push data to XI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/48/d5a1fe5f317a4e8e35801ed2c88246/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh