cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element Responsibility - Account assignment in PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have searched MM, PS & FI forums for an answer to this but found nothing.

In Purchase Requisition, cost can be allocated to a project/WBS element (account assignment). When PR goes for approval it will always go to the person presponsible for the project and not the individual responsible for the WBS element.

Determination comes from table PROJ-VERNR.

How can I make the user responsible for the WBS element become the approver of the PR if they are responsible for the WBS element only and not the project itself.

Config done in CJ20N, OPS6.

Is there a standard way to configure this or perhaps user exit?

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Will Conlon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are talking about PR release strategy and you want the person responsible in WBSE should release the PR not the person responsible in Project Definition, In that case, I would suggest you to talk to your MM consultant and see whether release strategy can include this.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I agree with, Ahmed's suggestion.

Your MM consultant must have configured the user's ID (in your case, it seems, this person is responsible for project) for PR release (Release strategy).

Determination comes from table PROJ-VERNR

So system is picking from person responsible field in the project definition. If you have done development, instead of picking person's ID from PROJ-VERNR, pick it from PRPS-VERNR. I hope this shoudl work.

Thanks & Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not standard

If you want PR to be approved by the WBS resp pers then you need to trigger a workflow or something when using PR release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

After debugging, I indeed found out that I needed to get my approver from PRPS-VERNR instead of PROJ-VERNR.

FYI, I will now recall my user from TJC04 table.