Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPEx: 425 Cannot open data connection

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am connecting to FTP servers using File Adapter (FTP Protocol). Adapters are running fine. But after couple of hours. When I place a file in FTP folder. Adapter status turns into red and displays below error. I believe this is because of the connection fluctuations between PI and FTPs Server.

Is this the problem from PI or FTPs side? Do we have any SAP note or fix/patch which can take care of this issue? Thanks in Advance.

Adapter Error Message:-

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server xyz.com:21. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 425 Cannot open data connection.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure that the USer ID you are using for login into FTP server in channel, have all required authorisations for login.

-Supriya.

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you..Credentials are fine. Adapter is processing the files. It get into error status if it is left running for some hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case, then there is a possibility that the channel might be getting locked.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the data connection from 'Passive' to 'Active' and try.

Set ftp.timeout parameter for connection timeouts.

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check this with FTP team. Thanks you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The settings has to be done in your channel configuration-

In channel configuration - FTP Connection Parameters- Data Connection - select Active/Passive (try with changing these active/passive)

For timeout settings refer - SAP Note 849089

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nothing to do with creadentials...refer below link

geekswithblogs.net/Lance/archive/2008/01/24/ftp-error-425-quotcant-open-data-connection.quot.aspx

Regards,

Raj

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have explained the settings suggested here to FTP team. They replied:

1. The timeout period is currently 120 seconds for control and 30 seconds for data:

2. Toggling Passive/Active can be an issue on its own for firewalls/SSL/NAT...

I am also facing below pasted adapter errors.

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "xyz.com:21": java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out