cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field not printing its whole length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having a problem with the Customer PO number cutting off the last digit on my Invoice.

On the SO it is printing just fine but on the Invoice the same PO is missing one number.

I looked up the field on the SO and it is 35 chars long so i ran this on my Invoice

gs_hd_ref-purch_no = '1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890'.

lv_count = STRLEN( gs_hd_ref-purch_no ).

lv_text = '1234567890'.

lv_count_2 = STRLEN( lv_text ).

and it comes back with the length of my Invoice PO field as 35 as well.

so I am not sure what is going on

Any ideas?

Sorry forgot to mention that the PO number is only 20 charaters long so it's only printing 19 spaces on the Invoice

Edited by: Israel Edmiston on Oct 21, 2010 11:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your form where the PO number is beeing printed, is there anything in brackets? like e.G. &EKKO-.EBELN(19)&?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there isn't any brackets at the end of my field

Nabheet not sure how to find out what your asking. Both the SO and the Invoice are set up in a template

printing in the second cell. with the cell sizes of 3.50 and 7.50.

The only difference that I see is that the window on the Invoice is 1 cm closer to the right side of the paper but it should still

have enough room.

But I'm not sure how to check the "size available to print" or what other details you mean I'm still learning a lot of these things.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to validate whetehr the space is not a problem change your template cell size give it little more space and in debugging please check what values you are getting.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason I have two fields that bring the PO to the invoice. The one that was being used is only 20 char's long

( purch_no ) I found another field in the same table that is 35 char's long ( purch_no_c ) Not sure why there is two set up

for the same thing everything looks set up the same even when I go to se12 to look up the table the two fields are in they both

say 35 chars long but the first one only brings in 20 chars so i just switch the to the purch_no_c field on the form and it's working great now

thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What details are you printing and how are you printing..? I think its an issue wth the size available to print...? Where are you printing it whete last char gets cut off?

Nabheet