cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Configuration Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

At my university we are required to take a SAP configuration course. This course teaches us how configuration is done and we get to create our own company (in SAP) to make, buy, and sell items. Once we have completed the "basics" we are able to pick a project of our choice to configure in the system.

I took this course last year but I have been recently approved by other students wondering what they should do for their projects. Some examples of projects that have been done before include: HCM (OM, PD) Variant Configuration and QM.

These projects are fairly basic but require a lot of research for students who have no experience in the fields they choose to do their projects on.

I ask you for suggestions to broaden the projects being done in this class. (Please keep ideas with SAP ERP)

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kevin

Sorry for the delay. There are a number of ways to send documents from one SAP system to another. SAP for a number of years have included a version of WebMethods (Business Connector) in their solution. They don't talk about it anymore as SAP PI ofefrs the same functionality. The Business Connector provides middleware functionality which enables SAP systems to send and receive electronic documents in a range of formats. More details can be found in sdn and also

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/18/ccb14035a5c64ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Good luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

SAP Mentor

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Otto: As always, I appreciate your ideas. I will certainly direct my classmates to this thread and encourage them to post their experience and materials. (I'm not sure where they would post all their documentation at)

@Paul: Thank you for the clarification. I'm sure this would be a great project idea.

Thanks,

Kevin

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are always ways, how to do it...

a) you/ they could dd the content as wikis + publish the docs somewhere else (google docs?) and link the documents from the wiki

b) you can always send it to me or Marilyn Pratt etc. And we will see how to proceed. If one does not see a way, it does not mean, there isn´t one. Right?

c) ....off topic.... I have heard many complaints about such documents not being available for everybody. I have heard that there is some "locked" treasury, where these educational materials are kept, but I don´t have access there. So you could try to hack in there and see if they would like it OR start something for EVERYBODY and start such treasury for all the public.

We will stay in touch, have a nice day, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a thread to address your question Otto.

Please check it out at

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I apologise about the poor spelling. It was a big week at TechEd and a long flight back from Las Vegas.

regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

I suggest different workflow problems may be a good case study for students. it enables students to get a good understanding of a numer of modules and associated business processes. Another case study could be the sending of docuemnts from one SAP system to another using the avialble technologies.

Good luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

SAP Mentor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions, I will pass them on.

I really like the workflow idea!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

No worries for the spelling.

I do have a question about the case study of

sending of documents from one SAP system to another using the available technologies

Are you meaning the use of I-Docs? Or something else such as XML?

I'm not too experienced in either field, but I have thinking about your comment and this could potentially be a great project idea. I'm not sure about the technical limitations though.

Thanks again for your time and advice.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kev,

1) I would suggest to ask the students to provide the materials they gathered during the research phase and share them here on SCN. That would be just great. Ok, I know there are so many pieces of content here already, but the content from, me or the guys from your school has one significant pro: "from beginners to beginners".

Why is it so important? Because I often try to follow the tutorials by pros but they miss important points sometimes. Since these guys know how to do things they describe, they don´t provide enough details. And from B 2 B (beginner:)))) it would not be like this...

2) maybe some "installation" could be a part of this stuff. Like basis, I mean. Example: download an ABAP trial/dev.ed. on a virtual machine. Install crystal reports designer, try to glue things together at home (example - I know you read my CR blog:)) I rememer your comment.

3) there is a document (don´t remember the name) where SAP describes a model company. i wonder if you use it in classes? Based on the document, one cannot make mistakes at analysis/ blueprinting phase but can learn a lot, how to turn the design into a real configuration...

Some more ideas could appear later. We are in touch:))

Have a nice day, Kev.

P.s.: ask Paul and the others around what you asked me about in the last email, would be interesting to see other answers...

Cheers Otto