cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have created a condition type discounts (ZDIS) which has multiple key combinations utilizing the Material Pricing Group (MPG) field.

If MPG 19 is used in multiple combinations, our system will only take one into account.

Example:

Key Combination 1 - Material Pricing Group ( 19 )

Scale - 50 EA

Discount - $1 per EA

Key Combination 2 - Customer Pricing Group/Material Pricing Group ( 51 / 19 )

Scale - 100 EA

Discount - $2 per EA

If a sales order is created which meets ZDIS combination 1, our system will only take combination 2 and not combination 1 into consideration.

Can anyone assist in resolving this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our ZDIS access sequence is as seen below:

Plant/Material

Plant/Mat.pr.grp

Customer/Material

Customer/Material Pricing Group

(Customer) Price group/Material

(Customer) Price Group/Material Pricing Group

(Customer) Price Group/Sales Order Type

Material

Material Pricing Group

Currently all of items have a Exclusive tick. If I try to uncheck the Material Pricing Group exclusive option I receive the error message "Internal error 3 when saving access sequence ZDIS". I receive this message every time I've tried to save.

the long text states:

Diagnosis

An internal error occurred when saving access sequence ZDIS, access 60 that cannot be corrected in the processing dialog.

Internal error 1:

There is more than one entry for the exact same access number in the access table (T682I).

Internal error 2:

There is an entry in the field assignment table (T682Z) for which there is no corresponding access (T682I).

Internal error 3:

There is an entry in the access table (T682I) for which there is no corresponding access sequence (T682).

System Response

The changes are not saved.

Procedure

Restart the transaction.

What am i missing here?

Edited by: Nicholas Archer on Oct 22, 2010 10:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Have you maintained the condition records for both the combinations which you have mentioned.

If you have maintained the condition records after saving the condition records the system throws an error stating the condition records with same validity periods will be replaced.If you are getting this error then at the time of creating the tables itself there is an error.If you get this error then system picks only one record.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Edited by: malladirb on Oct 22, 2010 8:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend going through condition technique documentation.

One of the articles you can have a look:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b013c545-8877-2c10-07b5-b4915a1b3019

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas

Firstly, as a good practice, you should flip the key combination. Key combination 2 - Customer Pricing Group/Material Pricing Group- should be on the top as it is more specific than current number 1- Material Pricing Group.

Then you should check the exclusive indicator for the all the accesses but the last one, assuming there are more than 2.

Then if the system finds a valid record for the (new) first combination, it will consider that and if not it will move on the next. So if you create an order for an item with Material Pricing Group 19 and Customer Pricing Group 51, it will take it. And if the MPG is 22, it will move on to the next access and try to find a record for it.

Hope this helps.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the access sequence, in the all the steps check the box Exclusive and save.

By this way, if the system finds the value for first combination, it will not go to next step in the access sequence.

The path is SPRO-> Sales and distribution -> basic functions ->pricing-.pricing control->Define access sequence.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The exclusive boxes are currently checked for all all combinations. Any other suggestions?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume your access sequence is set-up with more specific to more generic like first step contains Material pricing group , then customer pricing group/mateiral pricing group and so on.. If not, then you need to do that. Of course you are the better judge deciding on which is most specific to least specific, according to your business requirements.

Can you also check whether any requirement is assigned to these steps in the access sequence that prevents fetching the value from the specific combination?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from requirements against the accesses, it may be possible your system is set up for optimizing accesses based on document header data, the so called 'prestep for accesses'. May be for this condition, you set up the second access as the prestep access.

The config is in the same place as defining access sequences,

SPRO/IMG/Sales and Distribution/Basic Functions/Pricing/Pricing Control/Define Access Sequences/Optimize accesses

Let us know what your final finding is. We are curious to know.