cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction help: "Invalid permission to access service ChartServlet"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am working on a transaction that generates a PDF report. I am using SAP MII v. 12.1.6.

The transaction contains two iCharts and one PDF table. When I run the transaction from our web page (a button that runs the transaction) I get the PDF report with both charts and the table in it. The charts take in 4 parameters and have one property overwritten via the action "Links".

When one of our users runs the same transaction via our web interface, the PDF contains only the PDF table. After looking at the MII log I found this error several times: "Invalid permission to access service ChartServlet". It appears for only the user and not for myself.

My initial thought is that I have the permissions to set the chart properties but the user does not. I know for a fact that I am in the SAP_MII_Developer role while the user is not.

Do I need to change the security settings of the transaction? Or the chart display template? Or does the user have to be in a different role?

Thanks for your help!

- Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/45/5a399bec592a4de10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

The Action inside UME for permission to the ChartServlet needs to be mapped to a Role that this user belongs to. Assuming your user belongs to the SAP_XMII_User role (you can double check that this action is assigned in UME).

A simple test would be to use the Dynamic Page Generator and pick a pair of templates - then use the Generate Image button. Have the user experiencing the problem try this url from their system. Here's a simple one to try:

/XMII/ChartServlet?Height=400&Width=640&QueryTemplate=Defaults/TagQuery&Server=Simulator&Mode=History&TagName.1=L1Speed&DisplayTemplate=Defaults/iChart&Applet=iChart

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy - That did the trick! I discovered the help text right before you posted that and you're dead on - adding the ChartServlet action to the role worked.

Thanks!

- Austin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried that security option.

I am not sure but check your execute query and add SAP_MII_User Role Into security write permission.

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare