cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR Risk Analysis Logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to find out where to obtain the logs generated by performing a Risk Analysis.

Is it possible to obtain it from GRC internal tables?

Best regards,

toni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

As i mentioned earlier,

"BG adhoc RA - You can see the logs in ccappcomp log with the JOB ID. The results are stored in spool file location. You cannot see the details logs in job history."

The results are stored in spool files. Please check in spool file location for the files starting with jobid.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Prem, so no tables for the job details, just spool files.

Thanks a lot,

toni

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

If you run the RA from CUP, then the web service will run the analysis and the results will not be stored anywhere. It just returns the results to CUP. You can find the risk analysis logs as FOREGROUND in the ccappcomp log based on the which server thread that processed that web services request.

Adhoc RA - You can see the logs in ccappcomp log saying FOREGROUND. The results are not stored anywhere.

BG adhoc RA - You can see the logs in ccappcomp log with the JOB ID. The results are stored in spool file location. You cannot see the details logs in job history.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

@ Supreet, Chimaya: There was a mistake from my part regarding "internal tables". I wanted to say "standard tables" where results are inserted once the RA is performed. So, it is not necessary to debug any program neither ABAP or JAVA it is just necessary to know wich are these tables, STANDARD tables.

@ Prem: The thing is clear for the analysis performed in FG. But for that RA than run in BG it is possible to access to them from the GRC RAR Portal searching for the Job ID or filtering with other parameteres. Once you have found the Job it is possible to access to the detail and see the RA results. From my point of view, there must be a JAVA standard table from where the GRC RAR Portal query it and show the results to the user.

My goal is to know wich are these tables and develop a Java program that queries these tables to show the RA results.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Been a while since I last used RAR so I may be off with this...

When you run a simulation at user level you have the choice of online or background job, the foreground should work fine for one user simulating adding or removing a tcode or role. Running in background means you have to select when (immediate) and give the job a name.

These jobs are view later in the 'background job' section of the informer tab (near the bottom), open that and you'll, hopefull, all your previous background job ID's. If they are there then you can open and extract but do remember to delete them regularly to keep the disc space cleared.

If you don't find them there then I'm stuck as I can't check my statement...

Cheers

David

ignore the speeling mistakes and missing words - Iphone all thumbs

Edited by: David Berry on Nov 3, 2010 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Don't worry you type pretty well with your iPhone

I understand what you say and I already tried to explain it. I have been able to see the job lists and the details in the GRC Portal. But the thing is that I would like to know in wich RAR Internal tables is this information storaged.

The GRC Portal has to query some internal tables to show you this information, so I need to know wich are these tables..

For the moment I know that all the job list is on the virsa_cc_scheduler table, now, I would like to know in wich table is each job detail.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think RAR uses internal tables. The information you are looking for be may be on the JAVA side and not easily accessible. If it was a foreground job I dont think the data is something you will be able to extract easily or at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chimaya,

I meant tables at the Java part.

I think that if the information is accesible from SAP GRC Portal it must be in some SAP GRC Java internal table.

Thanks,

toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

well..............

then you should understand difference between ABAP code and JAVA code send to customers........

ABAP code is visible to you, and you can debug it.....

PER my knowledge...........same don't applies to JAVA....... customers are only send exe files.........

they can't see the CODE.........

hope you get my point

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see how you can see the contents of the internal tables in ABAP either they are just populated at run time and are cleared immediatley afterwards... I would assume a similar thing might be happening in JAVA as well..

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Nov 3, 2010 9:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are the RAR tables:

VIRSA_CC_GENOBJ

VIRSA_CC_SYSUSR

VIRSA_CC_MGRISKS

VIRSA_CC_BUSPRC

VIRSA_CC_BUSPRCT

VIRSA_CC_FUNC

VIRSA_CC_FUNCT

VIRSA_CC_RISK

VIRSA_CC_RISKRS

VIRSA_CC_RULESET

VIRSA_CC_ACTRULE

VIRSA_CC_ALLASTRUN

VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG

virsa_cc_cract

virsa_cc_cractt

virsa_cc_crprm

virsa_cc_crprof

virsa_cc_crproft

virsa_cc_crrole

virsa_cc_crrolet

virsa_cc_funcprm

VIRSA_CC_lastrun

virsa_cc_prmrule

virsa_cc_systemc

VIRSA_CC_ACTVL

VIRSA_CC_PRMVL

VIRSA_CC_CRACTVL

VIRSA_CC_CRPRMVL

VIRSA_CC_ROLEVL

VIRSA_CC_CRROLEVL

virsa_cc_MGALERTS

virsa_cc_MGCRTR

The logs are not stored in any of these tables.

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

toni,

which version of GRC AC you are using 4.0 or 5.x.

are you running risk analysis in foreground or background.

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The risk analysis is performed through a web service consumption: VirsaCCRiskAnalysisService, so there is no job scheduled for that and I think the job is executed in foreground.

I have been looking for any log and I haven't seen nothing neither in the SAP GRC console or the Netweaver Administrator.

Thanks a lot,

toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

toni,

firstly when running analysis via web service, no internal tables are created. this applies only to code in ABAP.

i will suggest you contact EP portal expert for this.

no log created in RAR for this.

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After performing a Risk Analysis simulation in background I have found the job id in the table virsa_cc_scheduler like Mohan mentioned.

Now the question is: Is there any table that shows the detail of the job result? At the GRC Portal is it possible to go on the detail and view the analysis result, so there must be a table with this content, isn't it?

Thanks for the help!!

Best regards,

toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Toni,

Try to execute table select * from virsa_cc_scheduler. This table will display all the jobs log.

I hope it helps!!!

Thanks,

Mohan

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically these analysis are done with some Jobs scheduled. So the simple answer is to check the Job log to find out the Analysis report.

Regards,

Dipanjan