cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early warning for QM specs close to limits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently trying to figure a way to get a notification of a quantitative characteristic getting close to specification limits so that the problem can be addressed before failures occur. Here is the scenario:

pH is measured for each batch with spec 7.1-7.5. Each batch has one inspection lot.

It has been noticed that when a batch fails this spec, the previous batches increase or decrease closer to the limits until a batch fails. To decrease batch failure, it is desirable to have a warning for when a batch reaches, for example 7.2 or 7.4. This batch would not fail the specs, but will give an early warning so that the process can be adjusted to avoid the failure of future batches.

I have been looking at control charts, but we do not use a fixed batch size (which I believe is required) and this seems a little complicated for what we need.

I have also toyed with the idea of an ABAP report that uses the additional pairs of limits in the quantitative view of the inspection plan to pick out which batches are outside these values and report them in a list so they can be investigated. Although I cannot see how I can get a warning out from this to notify users of the occurrence. I am familiar with Workflow, but cannot see where the trigger will come from as the spec will have passed.

Although I think that the report would be useful for this, the users really want a warning without having to interrogate the system to find it.

Kind regards

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd consider the early warning functionality as suggested or a follow-up action on the UD code that could check certain values for certain lots.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can acheive this functionality by using Early Warning System (R/3) or the Business Process Monitoring (BPM) - Sol.Manager.

I dont have experince in implementing both of them, but we are exploring BPM for some of our shop floor threshold tirggers.

Thanks,

Ram