cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or inco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Description of Problem or Question: The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.

Product\Version\Service Pack\Fixpack (if applicable): Business Object XI 3.1 (Edge Series)

Relevant Environment Information (OS & version, java or .net & version, DB & version):

Windows Server 2008 (32bits)

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - 64bit

What has already been tried (where have you searched for a solution to your question/problem):

The information was searched in the product help, SAP forum, internet

a) The services were started with an admin user

b) The connection with the database was checked and it is possible to connect to it by using SQLPlus

c) It is been used Database Type > Select a database driver > ORACLE

d) The u2013trace option was enabled for JobServer. The message below appears in the log file

FAILED: Error message in the language of the server \[The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.]

e) The report loads information when it is run from Crystal Reports (designer), which is installed in other workstation.

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Create a report by using Cristal Reports

2) Copy rpt file to server

3) Update Database configuration in report properties (Central Management Console)

4) Run the report

Note: The workstation where the report was designed is addressing to QA database (it does not have access to PRD database). On the other hand, the server is addressing to PRD database (it does not have access to QA database). This configuration has been changed when the report (rpt file) is copied to the server according to the correct database (point 3).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Please make sure that you have installed the 32bit version of oracle client (even if this is 64bit WIndows).

WHat's the exact installation path of your BO Server?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion.

A) The PRD database server has Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - 64bit.

B) The Business Object XI 3.1 (Edge Series) server has (for client purpose)

1) Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.3/10.2.0.4) for Microsoft Windows (32-Bit)

Enterprise/Standard Edition for Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7

2) Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 4 10.2.0.5.0

Regarding BO installation path, it is C:\Program Files\Business Objects\

Regards

0 Kudos

WHich installation type did you choose for the oracle driver? Administrator, runtime, instant client?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed the whole application, no the driver only.

I had installed the instant client first but I had an error, so by SAP recommendation I installed the whole application.

0 Kudos

Can you please create on your BOBJ server a system wide environment variable named ORACLE_HOME that points to the home directory of the full oracle client?

Restart the BOBJ server after that.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done, but it is throwing the same error.

ORACLE_HOME=D:\programs\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1

Regards

Federico

0 Kudos

What kind of authentication do you use? Do you setup the connection to use a fixed user name and password?

DId you setup the tnsnames.ora file on your server to contain the same service names as on your client (where the CR Designer) runs?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, how can I know the authentification type that I'm using?

Relating to the tnsnames.ora, it is set and I've tested the connection from SQLPlus and it is working.

Regards

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any other idea?

I'm still not able to connect with the database.

Regards

Federico

0 Kudos

Go into the CMC navigate to your report (use the Folders link), select it and press the right mouse button. CHoose database configuration and go to the bottom of the window. WHich options is selected there?

Check also on the top of the window the database connect information. Are the user credential for the datbaae login available?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using "Use same database logon as when report is run", but I've tried with the other two options and it thrown the same error.

About the credentians, I'm not using the default ones (due the db used to design the report is not available from this server), I've overwritten the credentials ("Use custom database logon information specified here") for the correct ones for this server (the same used from SQLPlus, which works).

Regards

Federico