cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plain Text Not available in Control Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a strange behavior or its an expected one. We have a BI query and pulled in an Input Form and then the output to a table. On clicking on this recoed it should display all the output fields in a form with its name and value. For the parameters I do not see an option for selecting Plain Text. It gives me only input field, dropdown, text editor.

Why is this happening? Is there any way that I can map these fields to a plain text?

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"For the parameters I do not see an option for selecting Plain Text. It gives me only input field, dropdown, text editor."

could you reframe the sentence above, it is somewhat unclear.

regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for not being clear. From the BI Query Out port I have a Table which will display the result values. Now when I select any of the row item in the table there is a form connected from the table out port. This form should display all the details of the row item. When I try to look into the control properties for these parameters in the form I don't have an option to select plain text.

I can only display the values in the input field. I want these values to be displayed in plain text instead of input field. Logically it makes sense because there should be two plain text fields for a value because one text field will display the Parameter name and one will display its corresponding value. That's the reason it is not available.

But just chekcing if there are any easier way to do this other than creating 2 plain text fields for one parameter and mapping these items. Because I have around 40 fields to be displayed which will be make my life worse by manual creation

Thanks,

Nagarajan.